protein powder for women??

Options
Anyone know of any whey protein powders for women to take or has anyone tried any they can reconmend? many thanks x

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    The same kind that men take.

I use Optimum Nutrition but there are PLENTY of reputable brands.
  • sophiareal
    sophiareal Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Not that this is specifically for women, but I use the Spirutein brand - at the moment vanilla and spirulina. It dissolves pretty well, the taste is not overpoweringly artificial and it is perfect for mixing into smoothies or even oatmeal. They also do a ton of other flavours, next on my list to try is cookie dough! Yes, this does not sound very healthy at all, but I only use protein powder after very lng and hard workouts, so in my books this is fine as a treat in such cases!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Protein powders are not gender specific. With that said, I use Optimum Nutrition and EAS Myoplex.
  • flabtofitness
    flabtofitness Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    thank you, i didnt think it would matter, just wanted to make sure before i start growing extra body parts, just some x
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Honestly if you found one that said it was specifically for women, I'd stay away from it. I mean really what would "For Women" mean. Either it'd be a marketing ploy to justify charging more for the exact same product. Or the product would be some watered down version of the regular product. Either way not what you want. Go with any reputable brand, I too recommend Optimum Nutrition.
  • grendella
    grendella Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    i use WHEY 80 - basically i wanted something that was low cal low sugar and high protein.
  • flabtofitness
    Options
    whats the lowest calorie one you take? x
  • flabtofitness
    Options
    thank you all for replying, O.N does look the bees knees and lots recconmend. x
  • grendella
    grendella Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    basically, i want to eat a lot of protein, and drinking whey usually bangs out the most protein for your calorie consumption. i mix it with part skim and part water. i live in sweden so i dont have all the options you do in the US, so whey 80 is just the best one on the market for my needs HERE. i know yall have it in the US too ;)
  • Beckahecka
    Options
    I use a protein powder called Safely Slim. It has a great flavor and mixes up to a really nice consistency when you put it in the blender. It has 20g protein with 10g fiber and only 110 calories. Best I've had by far!
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a good protein powder in the UK?
  • PeggysDad
    PeggysDad Posts: 105
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a good protein powder in the UK?

CNP, Reflex, Boditronics, MyProtein, Bodybuilding Warehouse, Bulk Powders.

Something there for all budgets.

The good US beands are also easily available over here online, such as ON, Gaspari etc.