When you're sick it is really hard to stay on plan.

Options
I have a sinus infection... can barely breathe. This is day 3, but it only started getting bad last night. I would just LOVE to have a peanut butter sandwich with about 5 TBS of PB, on white bread, with a glass of whole milk,.

I woke up in the middle of the night with the chills..... have NEVER had those in my life, as far as I recall. I can't even use sinus spray because I get addicted.

And my wife is away, and I have to do all the cooking today ( I do that most days ) but all I want to do today is to sit under a blanket and eat all the wrong things for me.... I won't, though. I'm off to make a green smoothie in a few minutes.

Wish me luck.

Replies

• Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    good luck!
  • APO_Katie
    APO_Katie Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Have some chicken noodle soup if you have any on hand. The heat from the soup will loosen the congestion up a little and make it *slightly* more bearable. And try a steam bowl. Boil some water, pour it in a large bowl (the biggest one that you have) and lean over it with a towel over your head. The steam from the water should help.

Hope this helps and you feel better soon!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Neti pot...
    Although if it's really a sinus infection, you might want to go to the dr. to get some antibiotics so you can recover faster.

Drink lots of tea.... REST.
  • Chrisborro
    Options
    Talk a friend into doing things or your kids and stay in bed. Usually chills turn into pnemonia for me so take it easy
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hot and Sour soup is my go-to food when I have a cold. Warm & satisfying but still low on calories. I like to thrown an egg & sliced mushrooms in when it's boiling to add a little substance and it's still low cal.
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I think making yourself a really big pot of soup that you only have reheat each time, might be helpful. That way even if you aren’t able to fully focus on eating right, your sodium is under control and you’ve got the nutrients of veggies.

Another thing I find helpful when I am sick is yoga. No, not the power yoga stuff on exercise videos. But real yoga. Simple stretching and breathing. It actually helps clear up my nose. And don’t forget good old sleep.

I hope you start to feel better.
  • papa3x
    papa3x Posts: 286
    Options
    Thanks, all. I have tried neti pots with no luck. I may try the steam. I do happen to have a nice big container of homemade chicken soup, that I made myself..... But I have had it 2 days in a row, now.... I really am chicken souped out. I get this twice a year, without fail... and it usually lasts 10 - 12 days.