Workout Play list

Options
A friend on here recommended that you listen to music (with our eyes closed, if possible) while working out as it speeds things along and before you know it, you've burned a lot of calories.

I'm gonna take him up on that advice, but I need help with a playlist of workout songs. Anyone have any playlists they can share? Suggestions?

Thanks a ton!

~Beth

Replies

• kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I recently downloaded myself the workout mix 2011 (yeah ok a little behind the times, but hey I listen to Gold and Absolute radio lol). I also found that the NHS has a free podcast for each stage of the C25k programme, so I've downloaded that as well and I'm starting it tomorrow. It times each section (e.g. 60 seconds job, 90 seconds walk etc) and has music, so fingers crossed it will help me succeed!
  • badfattitude
    badfattitude Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Where can I find those, kaned_ferret?

**oops, never mind, I found it on Itunes!**

Thanks!!
  • georget84
    Options
    I guess it's totally personal choice but I listen to house/trance music as it's very motivating, but if I'm on a long run for over an hour talking (as in a sports chat show, not to myself) is a good way to pass the time (if not overly motivating). TalkSport or 5Live are excellent for this
  • LeeDahlen38
    LeeDahlen38 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    AshDHart one of my MFP friends does a play list every monday on her site Fitharts.com I also generally put a new track up every day or two. Look back through my history. It works! vjrose just did 902 in60. Awesome!!
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying deadmau5 and his remix album for working out.
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I love some trashy rap when I work out. Anything Kayne, Niki Minaj and Jay-Z will get me in the mood to kick some butt.
  • StevieP28
    Options
    Here's some good ones:

Eminem - Lose Yourself
    Jay-Z, Kanye & Rihanna - Run This Town
    T.I. feat. Rihanna - Live Your Life
    Flo Rida - Good Feeling
    Kanye West - Power
    Outkast - B.O.B.
    Outkast - Ghetto Muzik
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Anything that comes under the category of a Euphoric house mix, as they were specifically designed to warm the crowd up, bring them back down, back up and down again until they kick off to top intensity and then slow down again. Plus, the music itself is designed to work with the endorphin rush (as not all clubbers dropped pills) the exercise gives and intensify the pleasure.
  • halpinj1
    halpinj1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    try any of the Zumba albums, even if you're on the elliptical or whatever- the songs have a steady, quick tempo that I tend to move my feet to automatically. Also, when I do my mile or two on the elliptical, I listen to "My Body" by Young the Giant on repeat, it is perfect for completing a mile in ten minutes if you just step to the downbeats. :) I'd say just find some music you like with round 100 to 120 beats per minute, and that'll keep you going smooth and happy! also, I close my eyes when I work out as well, as long as I'm on a machine- it does make the time go faster. good luck and keep going!