1st weigh in....so motivated to continue!

Options
So I know it's only my first week and you lose more the first week or so, etc., but I have to tell you, I lost 5.3 lbs. this week and it feels like 15! My skin is better (I have rosacea and no flares since eating healthier!), I'm not bloated, I have more energy, and I just FEEL great. It wasn't an easy week by any means, but with the help of the MFP community, I was able to tweak my food choices and finish strong.

So I guess I want to say thank you all, and I can't wait for that little ticker below to move further and further to the right. :)

Replies

• realpure
    realpure Posts: 156
    Options
    Congratulations!! That's awesome. Inspiring.
  • mccrockl
    mccrockl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Glad to hear you are already feeling the effects!
  • kristinhills90
    kristinhills90 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! This was my first week as well and I also lost 5 lbs! It feels great!
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    So I know it's only my first week and you lose more the first week or so, etc., but I have to tell you, I lost 5.3 lbs. this week and it feels like 15! My skin is better (I have rosacea and no flares since eating healthier!), I'm not bloated, I have more energy, and I just FEEL great. It wasn't an easy week by any means, but with the help of the MFP community, I was able to tweak my food choices and finish strong.

So I guess I want to say thank you all, and I can't wait for that little ticker below to move further and further to the right. :)
    Those are the rewards of eating healthier!! You are doing GREAT!!! Keep up the good work!!
  • Lunea
    Lunea Posts: 9
    Options
    Wow :O Congratulations!!! This is sooo motivating :DD
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I have been on here for over a year and at first I lost 25 pounds. Then, because of personal circumstances, I wasn't able to be on MFP for 6 months and I gained all of it back. MFP really works and if you stick to it, you will continue to lose. The support and the encouragement along with logging my daily food is really exciting and I love it here. I am here to stay!
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    That's great!! And the best part is that you FEEL great! Whether the scale moves consistently or not, I hope that you will just feel good doing this. Keep it up!!
  • Abby2810
    Abby2810 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    congratulations and well done!! MFP has been incredible and i'm only 10 days in!
    keep it up xxx
  • rquin008
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

IVE GOT MY FIRST WEIGH IN TOMORROW AND I HOPE ITS AS GOOD AS YOURS!
  • gemmaldavies
    Options
    congrats hun. :o)
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Wonderful News...keep at it!
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Well done that girl!

Remember the first couple of weigh in's are likely to show the biggest loss, but even as the scale does eventually slow down you'll continue to feel better! I feel so much more alive now then I did 4 months ago it's like I'm a new man
  • Jenner22
    Jenner22 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • theonenonlykris
    Options
    I lost 4 lbs in my first week and it is okay. They say if you lose more than that, expect lower numbers the second week. I am on my second week, I weigh in Tuesday. Send me some of your skinny vibes!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Delightful. Keep it up.
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Thats wonderful! I lost 30lbs before this site, but over the holidays gained almost 10lbs back so I found this site and joined it about 3 days ago I've already lost 3lbs this website really seems like it will work :)
  • Rokoska_wechanged
    Options
    Wow... I just started on Tuesday as well and it's like I am a new person. And I feel great. I just hope it lasts.congratulations!