Over 40 with young children and a lot to lose.

Options
I'm 42 years old with 2 beautiful children under the age of 3. With so much weight to lose this is going to be a long road for me and I would really like to meet other members who are walking a similar path. I just started and log in every day and I know one of the things that will keep me coming here daily will be the people.

Replies

• Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 with two old children (daughters are 18 & 21). I had 125 to lose but have lost 32.5 of that since November 4th when I started (1/4 way to goal!!). I'm very committed to getting in better shape. Feel free to add me =)
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am 36 with 3 children under the age of 7 and have 75 lbs to lose. I completely understand how hard it is to be an older mother and losing weight. You can add me if you like ;-).
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm not over 40 but will be 38 in 3 weeks and have a 3 year old daughter. I've lost almost 80 pounds but still have another 50-60 to go. This site has been SO helpful in getting my weight down!
  • jothedog
    jothedog Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    hi add me if you like i'm in the over 40's club with two kids !
  • angie3005
    angie3005 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    hiya i'm 47 years young with at least 56 lbs to go......well more really, but one small step at a time lol!!! i know its going to be a long haul, i have 2 girls 24 & 26 and 1 boy aged 10....finding time for me isnt always easy, i am also logging in everyday, so feel free to add me, i will try to support you :)
    Angie
  • cheyniemama
    Options
    Hey I'm 34, and have 4 kids, ages 3 to 12. I am in school 3/4 time right now, and am just getting back to this after a downfall in December (just this morning I got back to where I was down to -26 lbs - before December, lol). Anyway, I haven't done much with the boards on here, but I think it will be motavating too. I have a lot to lose too (over 60 more pounds). Good luck! You can do it!
  • phelonnie
    Options
    I am a 47 year old woman...and want to lose 100 lbs . Even when I lose that 100 lbs. I will still be considered overweight but its more for health reasons rather than vanity reasons. Counting calories is very addictive and now I count everyones calories including mine!
  • rlwart
    rlwart Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My goal this year is to lose 40 lbs before I turn 40 on Christmas Eve! I have 3 boys ages 16, 11 & 9 ... I've lost 5 lbs this month but really I could gain and lose the same 5 and gain it right back again any given week. I'm wondering how I will do next week, will I lose another lb? Feel free to add me.
  • ejenicek
    Options
    The important thing, I think, is to always get back on the wagon if you slip. It's hard with kids and all their "kid foods" around. Also, substitue all baking items asking for oil with applesauce. then the kids treats are healthier for you and them. look for kid friendly low fat recipies and prepare lots of lowfat meals that you really enjoy to have on hand quickly so you wont stop at taco bell!
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 & my girls are 10 and 7. I've been on here since May 2011!

You can do this! Log EVERYTHING that passes your lips & commit to REAL exercise everyday! Get some Jillian Micaels DVDs (30 Day Shred), they are only 20-25 minutes & get up early to do them before the kids wake up. That way you will not get distracted & miss out on a workout!

Good luck!
  • garbanzalo
    garbanzalo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am a over-40 guy with a son and a newborn, hate exercise and have a job that has me traveling and working 18-hours a day, sometimes seven days a week. Quite easy to slack off and let go of myself.

My newborn has been the wake-up call. I need to be in good health to support my children into adulthood. Started eating healthy two weeks ago and going to gym a week ago. This time there is no turning back. On days that I find myself unable to go to gym, I work out at home using a Bosu ball.

In my case, I have cut a deal with my son that he only needs to do his homework and chores on days that I exercise. Since his homework and discipline are immensely important to me as a parent, I am driven to work out every day. The upside is that in just a week, my hatred is giving way to reluctant enjoyment.

Just hang in there. It gets better.
  • gonzang
    gonzang Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the forums too and in a similar place as you. I'm almost halfway to my weight goal, and this site has been really helpful! You can do it. And your kids can be a big help if you can get them interested in your goal to get healthy.

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • mebuthalf
    mebuthalf Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hey, we are already friends, but just to let you know, I'm in my 30s with 3 kids under 5 (2 of them under 3) and 80-100 lbs to lose.
  • Dumbell_Diva
    Dumbell_Diva Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Im 43 with 3 children aged 7, 10 and 13. I have 30lb or so to lose and have battled huge addictions to certain foods and emotional eating. I have to be very regimented about things, making sure I dont buy foods for the children that are too tempting for me. I workout when they are all at school with an exercise DVD and we go on family walks at weekends. When the children were little I battled with pregnancy weight (I lost 45lb with each pregnancy) and exercised with them watching me or joining in! The 20min exercise DVDs are good, easy to fit in if youre a busy mother. Good luck, you can do this!
  • AlliGM
    AlliGM Posts: 86
    Options
    Hi! I've got about 80 or so pounds to lose. Just started in December. I am 44 and have three girls (3,8 & 10). Add me if you'd like!

-- Alli
  • giggles1973
    giggles1973 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am a over-40 guy with a son and a newborn, hate exercise and have a job that has me traveling and working 18-hours a day, sometimes seven days a week. Quite easy to slack off and let go of myself.

My newborn has been the wake-up call. I need to be in good health to support my children into adulthood. Started eating healthy two weeks ago and going to gym a week ago. This time there is no turning back. On days that I find myself unable to go to gym, I work out at home using a Bosu ball.

In my case, I have cut a deal with my son that he only needs to do his homework and chores on days that I exercise. Since his homework and discipline are immensely important to me as a parent, I am driven to work out every day. The upside is that in just a week, my hatred is giving way to reluctant enjoyment.

LOL LOVE IT. I tell my kids they are only allowed to yell at me if I'm eating something unhealthy... Trust me they are waiting with baited breath lol. They havent had to yell yet :)

Just hang in there. It gets better.
  • Whaleluvr
    Whaleluvr Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am 42 with a 20 year old, and a 12 year old...........new to MFP...............Tuesday, it will be 2 weeks for me...........always looking for new friends to help, push along!!! Add me, if you would like....