Elliptical Trainer

Options
How come when I plug in 40 minutes of elliptical trainer under cardiovascular it says that I've burnt over 1,000 calories? I know I get in a good work out as Im doing a hill climbing setting with a resistance of 5 (most of the time) but I highly doubt its over 1000 calories. I'd estimate maybe 500-600?

Is there any way to edit this?

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    put in 20 minutes
  • luvinlaurakate
    luvinlaurakate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Does your machine give it's own estimate on calories burned? Without a heart monitor it is hard to be exact, but my elliptical usually quotes about half of what this site does, so I go with it. Figure it is better to be on the low side than over-estimating it.
  • jmvmisc24
    jmvmisc24 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    does the machine allow you put in your age and weight? calorie burned depends on both of those factors. The one at my gym does.
  • Taj_11x3
    Taj_11x3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I actually just had the same problem. When i put in the minutes i did, the calories automatically changed. So before hitting enter, i clicked in the calorie box and put in the calories that the machine gave me. I hope i answered your questioned.
  • laurnenicole
    Options
    Cool, thanks guys!! I started entering age,weight,height and it calculates more accurately! :)