Grilled Chicken Nachos

Options
MsCaramel1
MsCaramel1 Posts: 18 Member
Grilled Chicken Nachos
Fire up your weekend with this south of the border favorite!

Be sure you either wear plastic gloves or wash your hands immediately after working with jalapeños.

1 ounce baked tortilla chips
1/4 cup drained canned 50% less-sodium black beans, heated
4 ounces grilled extra-lean boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
2 tablespoons salsa con queso, all-natural, heated
3 tablespoons finely chopped seeded tomato
2 tablespoons thinly sliced jalapeño chile pepper

Lay the chips on a dinner plate. Top them evenly with the beans, followed by the chicken. Drizzle the cheese evenly over the top. Top with the tomato and jalapeño slices and serve.

Makes 1 serving

Per serving: 321 calories, 32 g protein, 36 g carbohydrates, 5 g fat (less than 1 g saturated), 65 mg cholesterol, 5 g fiber, 498 mg sodium

Replies

• cthoma70
    cthoma70 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    OMG I think I love you..... awesome I needed a recipe like this
  • Tobefitalways
    Options
    bump:smile:
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Bump!
  • cthoma70
    cthoma70 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    chicken, because this is too good to just bump :tongue:
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Since everyone seems to love this recipe, thought I'd add a quick note. I LOVE black beans and eat them often. I've started buying the dry bagged beans and cooking them in the crock pot for 18-24 hours on low.

To one pound bag of black beans I put a few dashes of Chipotle Tabasco, 1/2 a jar of salsa verde, 1/2 small can chipotle peppers in adobo, garlic, onions, 1/2 jar salsa (I use medium since I'm putting the other stuff in), more garlic, and a couple dashes of Louisiana Hot Sauce and Pete's Hot Sauce.

I let this simmer on low for about 18-24 hours and then I weigh it up for a total weight and to figure out number of servings. I base my servings on about 100g each (usually)...

I keep it in the refrigerator and I access it OFTEN! I use it when I make nachos. I use it when I make a quick chicken quesadilla. I use it as a side when I'm having roasted chicken. I use it to mix into a serving of brown or jasmine rice...

If you have this, and you do this from DRY beans, it will lower the sodium considerably on the chicken nachos!
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting! :) I have never used salsa con queso. I have seen it before (I googled it, ha ha). Where and what brand tastes the best? Prefer natural. Thanks.
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    FYI-I made these with cooked ground beef (96/4 lean from Walmart) and used Safeway medium Con Queso and used sliced jalapenos from Embasa in the same amounts in the recipe and it was delish! Calories 348/34Carbs/10Fat/29Protein. They came out to 9 Pts+ for all you Weight Watchers :bigsmile:
  • Destinyshalo
    Destinyshalo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Mexican is my all time favorite food!
  • AviaBatyah
    AviaBatyah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I know what's for dinner tonight for me :) Bless you sweetie for sharing :heart:
  • cakehrli
    Options
    Thank you! This recipe sounds like heaven. It will be on my meal plan this week for sure.:smile:
  • lynzy713
    lynzy713 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Rosemarose
    Rosemarose Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump...making this for dinner tonight.
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    holy cow im happy! i love the tip on the dried black beans; i've been trying to use my crockpot more often and this is perfect :happy:
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Yummy:bigsmile:
  • LadySan
    LadySan Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump, bump, bump, bump it up!!!