Hi my name is......

Options
Hi my name is Malani and I'm a food addict!!!

We made our son a cake for his birthday but had to cancel because our daughter got sick so we had this cake with no one to share it with but us. I know some ppl give them selves a cheat day so I thought yesterday would be mine so I could share in the festivities. Well needless to say I ate more than my share of cake and then had some more today and was sneaking it so hubby wouldn't see. Do you know how horrible I feel. I confessed to him about it and he said that we would cut one more piece for our son to have and he threw the rest away!!! I'm forever grateful!!! What is your "Anonymous" confessions?

Replies

• Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I used to have a problem with binging on sugary foods. I could have easily eaten half that cake you're describing.:cry: I used to bake things when Dh wasn't home and eat it all. I'm very grateful that in the past year, that behaviour has stopped.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Today is my monthly BIG free day, and I've eaten 3 bowls of cereal, 8 slices of buttered, cinnamon toast and 3 plates of chicken casserole.
    AND I FEEL WONDERFUL!
    I'm going to McDonald's for supper and plan to get 2 Big Macs - one with a large meal - fries with ketchup and of course a DIET COKE!
    Afterward, we're going to Dairy Queen for some ice cream.
    LOVING IT!

This is what free day is supposed to be.
    My weekly free day is no logging and one binge meal, but the monthly food orgy is a period of 24 hours where I eat all I desire with no restrictions.

FUN FUN FUN!
    This allows me the craving satisfaction I need while remaining in control.
    My name is Bobby, and I am NOT a food addict....but I sure love to be in control, reach my fitness goals and once a month eat like a government mule.
  • orting514
    orting514 Posts: 153
    Options
    I used to have a problem with binging on sugary foods. I could have easily eaten half that cake you're describing.:cry: I used to bake things when Dh wasn't home and eat it all. I'm very grateful that in the past year, that behaviour has stopped.

I still have a problem with binging, doesnt matter what it is, sweets or not, just so long as it tastes good and enevitably has tons of cals!! God help me! :ohwell:
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I used to need a snack on my ride home work at my last job last year and instead of packing a healthy snack I would stop in to Arby's and order not one but 2 appetizers (usually cheese sticks and potato cakes). OMG what was I doing.

I also now taste more than I should and don't log it. It's the main reason I try to keep at least a 100 calorie deficit.

I still have urges to sneak food and give in sometimes.

I too am a food addict and a closet eater. But I'm trying to work on it!!!