Are there any other brides to be out there?

Options
Hiyaa

I'm getting married in 17 weeks and am on a mission to get to my goal weight and keep it off - I have approx 2stone to loose. I WILL look good in my wedding dress! Wondering if any other women out there in my shoes? Looking for a bit of support xxx

Replies

• PepperRocks
    Options
    I am getting married in December (yes, that is a year from now) and I definitely want to look my BEST! Feel free to add me :)
  • zoedicko
    zoedicko Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    hey im getting married on the 12th may and i need to loose a stone or more.please add me we can support each other x
  • KLK1986
    KLK1986 Posts: 89
    Options
    Recently engaged here! We haven't set a date yet, tho. Good luck to all you ladies!
  • halfsizeheather
    halfsizeheather Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    getting hitched in October this year and want to lose another stone. (already lost two). feel free to add me
  • Mommy_Sans_The_Fat
    Options
    Been engaged for two years in April. I'm just taking my time until I lose the blubber so I can look good at my 2nd dress fitting. The first fitting was awful. Was so bloated, then again, I was 8 weeks pregnant!
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in April. My lovely fiancee does a daily countdown it seems whenever he does a check of our registry. 89 days to go!

I'm trying to get my weight lower but I'm not setting a certain goal. I would love to be able to fit into my dress without needing alterations... wish I started this earlier so it was more attainable.

Good luck to all you ladies!
  • agglopez
    agglopez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in July and took things a step further, thinking about the motivation I would have from buying my dress a size smaller! I am regretting that goal as there is a strict policy around not being able to take the dress back if I dont meet my personal weight loss goals! I am determined to get into that dress, I have my first fitting in April!
  • Cslicemarie
    Options
    I'm getting married 8.25.12!!! I'm hoping to lose around 50 more pounds before my big day. I'll never be a trophy wife but I wouldn't mind being mistaken for one!

My dress has been ordered but it won't be in until April. I'm hoping they have to take it in quite a bit!!
  • helnahandbasket
    helnahandbasket Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    No date set yet but we're looking at next fall and I'm hoping to be down at least 40 lbs by then (29lbs to go!!).

Feel free to add me :)
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in June and also want to look my best. I'll add you!
  • teresastrowz46
    teresastrowz46 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i'm getting married june 23rd...i started my weigt loss journey to prepare for this day last june and am down 56 pounds. it feels amazing! BUT...i bought my dress after losing 12 pounds and got it a size smaller. well now the dress is WAY too big. i don't feel like i'm ready to stop losing weight...i wanna keep going as long as my body will let me, but my aunt (who alter's dresses for a living) said that certain dresses can only be altered by 2 sizes...so now i'm worried!!!! i wanna look amazing and show off my hard work so i hope it all comes together. anyone else feeling stressed as time goes by? i'm 5 months away now and have had 13 months to prepare but feel like i'm SOOO behind!!!
  • KatMoore1
    Options
    My wedding is a while off yet but feel free to add me (anyone) its always good to get extra support :)

Good luck everyone!
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i'm getting married june 23rd...i started my weigt loss journey to prepare for this day last june and am down 56 pounds. it feels amazing! BUT...i bought my dress after losing 12 pounds and got it a size smaller. well now the dress is WAY too big. i don't feel like i'm ready to stop losing weight...i wanna keep going as long as my body will let me, but my aunt (who alter's dresses for a living) said that certain dresses can only be altered by 2 sizes...so now i'm worried!!!! i wanna look amazing and show off my hard work so i hope it all comes together. anyone else feeling stressed as time goes by? i'm 5 months away now and have had 13 months to prepare but feel like i'm SOOO behind!!!

1. GREAT job on doing so well with losing the weight! I'm so proud of you!!
    2. I have also heard that certain dresses can also only be altered by two sizes. Does it have a lot of beading?
    3. Speaking of being stressed as time goes by...I'm with you there! I've also been engaged for quite awhile (since May of 2010...I finish grad school in May this year so we were waiting for that), and I definitely know I'm behind!
  • linzann89
    Options
    My wedding is june 16th, and my short term goal is to fit into my wedding dress with out any alterations :) good luck you all of you ladies on your marriages and weight loss :) any one can add me if they need any extra support
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    We haven't set a date yet, but we've been tentatively thinking about Spring or early summer of next year (May/June). I'm graduating from law school in May and taking the bar exam in July, so we don't want to do any planning until that stress is finished! While May 2013 it is a long way off, I am over 100 pounds away from my goal weight so I can certainly use the time!
  • louiseburrows12
    Options
    I also bought my dress a size smaller on a size 10!! I was a size 12 at the time of buying it but am currently a 14 :/ got lots of work to do ! Xxx
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I also bought a dress a bit too small. I was between sizes. The size up would have to be taken in and the size down (which is the one I got) won't do up. I got for a fitting next month so I'm hoping the zipper does up a bit more. Mine can be altered by changing the zipper to a corset but I hope I don't need to do that.

My best friend is getting married in just under a year so I'm sure I'll be at my goal weight by than.
  • a1wonder
    a1wonder Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Not a bride but a bridesmaid with the bride putting alot of pressure on me. Would like to drop about 20lbs or better for June 9th, I think its do-able but I'm having a hard time managing my diet with a very picky husband, working full time and going to school.

Anyone else getting family pressure or pressure from the rest of the bridal party to shed?
  • teresastrowz46
    teresastrowz46 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    oops
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Not a bride but a bridesmaid with the bride putting alot of pressure on me. Would like to drop about 20lbs or better for June 9th, I think its do-able but I'm having a hard time managing my diet with a very picky husband, working full time and going to school.

Anyone else getting family pressure or pressure from the rest of the bridal party to shed?

Wow that's just mean! I can't imagine pressuring any of my bridesmaids to lose weight for my wedding. Frankly I'd tell her where to shove it (but that's just me). You're an amazing friend to put up with a bridezilla like that!!

For the original post: my wedding is still a ways off (2013/05/18) - the fiance and I want to finish school and find jobs before we get hitched (he's studying to be a paramedic, I just finished my nursing degree). I want to get in shape now because it's not just a for the wedding thing, it's a for life thing for me! Went to my first wedding show today and had tons of fun, serious planning starts in two weeks (after I finish studying for and writing my licensing exam).