Wii Fit

Options
I have just started working out on the wii fit plus. Any one else using this? which are the best to burn the calories? any tips and advise appreciated.

Replies

• indianlarry11
    indianlarry11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have The Biggest Loser game on the Wii and it will get your heart rate up and make you sweat.
  • JaymeLS
    JaymeLS Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bump! I just bought one and get it in next week. Thanks for bringing up this topic. I would love to know too.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Bump! I just bought one and get it in next week. Thanks for bringing up this topic. I would love to know too.

bump
  • mpena1980
    Options
    i do wii fit. i like the super hoola hoop, and advanced step and free run. after doing those im sweaty and sore for a few days.
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    The best ones on Wii Fit is the boxing, 10 minute round burns 99 calories. Steps, Hula Hoop, and Marching Band. Not to forget the Free runs.

I've had the Wii Fit for almost 4 years. I have the original and the Plus version.
  • yllwstrbrst
    Options
    The Biggest Loser Game is really great and intense. Definitely break a sweat. Another thing I do with the Wii Fit is the running or step and then just time it for thirty minutes. Then I switch to my television and just watch tv and run or step in place.
  • JOANIE69
    JOANIE69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    hya i go on a mixture of all of it ,super hoola hoop ,rythm boxing ,running .and step ups ,but lately i have been on just dance for the wii its brilliant excercise for me ,hope this helps x
  • _CiaoParis
    Options
    Super Hula Hoop, Free Run, Advanced Step aerobics, and a lot of the strength exercises :)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    The balance games don't burn much, so I tend not to do those very often. You'll be able to tell which ones burn more -- if it gets you moving, it's burning. So things like the running, the rhythm boxing, the hula hoop, etc. will burn more than the ski jump, the tight rope, and others like that.
  • smileyface45
    smileyface45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Just downloaded Step Up, it's just step arobics ..... I love it :heart:
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm completely unfit so I'm starting with the Wii fit too. I bought zumba 2 and I have to say its fun and really gets ur heart pumping. I was red faced and out of breath and felt I'd done a good work out. It counts ur calories burned though I'm not sure how accurate it is
  • car54md
    Options
    I just used my Wii last night for the first time-- Just Dance 3 Sweatin' for 45 minutes--burned 309 calories! And was I sweating, and time flew by! Great since I HATE exercise...
  • lostemt76
    lostemt76 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I use them all including wii active and wii sports resort with my hrm.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    bump
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I have wii fit plus, and if im honest - the only 2 excercises that have given me good results are hula hooping and jogging.. i hardly go on wii fit, as i find it extremely boring after like 10 mins!!

get yourself just dance 3, or zumba! you can spend hours dancing away and make up a proper good sweat and burn much more calories than what wii fit does! :)
  • setter928
    setter928 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I do the advanced step. I burn ~150 cals per 30 min. Its low sweat and works my legs.

Then I do just dance for the arms. You can really work up your heart rate and its REALLY fun! My friends came over a few times and we all did it together. It was a workout even for them, who are all very "normal"
  • ashby00
    ashby00 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Wii Fit, the kids don't get a look in in the morning....I focus on super hula-hoop, jogging, and the yoga is good because it makes sure you stay in your centre of gravity, which works the right muscles properly. Just bought ABBA dance..... fantastic. And there's a High School Musical one which I bought too, which you can do with youngsters but I haven't tried that yet...x
  • DawnieCurz
    DawnieCurz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks all.. I have been doing the boxing, kung fu, step and free jogging... so will probably carry on with those.. also going out into the real world for a run tomorrow night... first time in years... :-)
  • valj77
    valj77 Posts: 26
    Options
    i have just dance 3, zumba fitness (mmuch better than the dvds),,i also have ea active, which i love. i also have the one with jenny mccarthy, but havent tried that yet. i have 1 of the jillian michaels but didnt really care for it, but i only did it once im going to try it again today
  • cutiekaylaa
    Options
    The aerobics section is great, especially the hula-hoop and jogging. I'd also recommend the game "EA Sports Active".