Hello to All!

Options
Hi, My name is Michelle (Chelle), I am from Indiana. I am new to myfitnesspal and I am REALLY hoping that it will help me through the journey I am embarking on. I have a lot of weight to lose and hope to find friends with encouraging and supportive things to say on this site. I am also willing to give encouraging and supportive advise! I'm wondering if anyone has any opinions on meal replacement shakes to begin my journey. I need to cut WAY down on my calories but would prefer not to starve while doing it and live on a limited income. Any suggestions that will not kill my billfold will be helpful! Thanks, hope to get to know all of you soon!

Replies

• Sebnem123
    Sebnem123 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    welcome;...feel free to add me...
  • ChelleRenee1
    ChelleRenee1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank You! Look forward to losing weight with you!
  • SynicalEnvee
    Options
    My mom and I have been doing something similar. We have a breakfast shake in the morning and a light lunch and dinner. We stay within 900 calories. This is perfectly healthy but eating less than 800 will put your body into starvation mode. I'm not sure what the shake is called, ( I'll reposed the name when I get it) but it's only 101 calories. PURE fiber and protien. Also if you are looking for something rich in nutrients that won't overload your caloric budget or wallet- try v8. It's uber tasty and its great for when you feel the urge to snack. That's what I've been doing and its' really helped. v8 was like 3.00! The shake is around 15 but it lasts almost a month!

The plus with the shake is that it's mocha. Yeah. You heard me. Mocha. It tasts a bit dry at first but around the second/third day you're body craves it and is like OMG. DELICOUS! You put ice, 2 tbs shake, and 2tsp of coffe and blend. oooh so good.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey!
  • ChelleRenee1
    Options
    Thank you so much for your suggestions, I will definitely keep them in mind! Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • ChelleRenee1
    Options
    How do I add my weight loss ticker to my posts? I'm not sure where or what to copy and paste!
  • ChelleRenee1
    Options
    Nevermind....I got it!!!:laugh:
  • Charisse1011
    Charisse1011 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me as a friend of support
  • Cheshire00
    Options
    Welcome! I've been using the Slim Fast shakes for lunch myself, they don't taste horrible and leave me feeling full for quite a while. Feel free to add me, it's wonderful having a support system :happy: