mfp instant messaging

Options
anybody have a good explanation why there is no IM on here yet?

and is anybody foolish enough to say they wouldnt want it? lol

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Huh? I private-message people on here all the time. Are you asking for something different than what we already have?
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Huh? I private-message people on here all the time. Are you asking for something different than what we already have?

Yes he's asking for a chat feature.
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    It would be nice to be able to IM
  • rollycollysmama
    Options
    that would be great!!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options

Yes he's asking for a chat feature.

Ah, okay.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    and it would be just another reason why I'm living my entire life on this site..

I'm kinda thankful that there isn't an IM feature...
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    If there was chat here, i'd never get anything done. I'd be here all the time!
  • Cr8tive_Ingenuity
    Options
    guys it wouldnt be a great idea to have a chat feature..this site already gets bogged down to having both US,UK, Canda, and Australia on here. i would add your close friends on FB and use FB, they have alot more funding for bandwith. WE should be extremely gracious that this site is free as MFP has plenty of advertisers to keep it up
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I guess depending of how much time you have a day, I don't want to waste more time of my life IM, I did loads when I was teenager, so I'm happy just to read some forums, answer and log in the food, and as it is already takes me loads of time, so I'd rather have no IM, because I would seem rude to look OFFLINE when I'm actually online :D
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options

Yup. I don't like IMs whatsoever.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I don't really see the point of having IM built into the site. You could always exchange the relevant info and IM using one of the standard chat clients.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    anybody have a good explanation why there is no IM on here yet?

I do sometimes get called foolish - but I'm not bothered about this feature.
    I'm just so appreciative of a FREE site that has helped me get healthier than I ever have in my life, the last thing I'm going to do is start complaining about the fact that it's not Facebook. Not everyone has the same priorities!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    NOoooooo! Please do NOT add an IM feature to the site. i'm on here enough already! I hate IM's in general but something tells that an IM feature would cause me to waste even more time on this site......:wink:
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    servers are bogged down enough as it is.

if you *really* want to IM someone, you can hook up on skype, aim, or anywhere else...
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    IMing on here seems silly, then again.. no one talks to me on here.. so it doesn't bother me.
    I say use MSN, Yahoo, AIM, or like facebook (: