Wine??

Options

Replies

• Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    *should not be irritated by sanctimonious *kitten* with their cries of alcoholism* but seriously? 2 bottles of wine a week makes you an alcoholic? get real!
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    *should not be irritated by sanctimonious *kitten* with their cries of alcoholism* but seriously? 2 bottles of wine a week makes you an alcoholic? get real!

LOL seriously!!!
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...about to have a glass with dinner. ; ) Refuse to get rid of it, so I just have to make sure I have room for those calories if I know I'm going to indulge.

I agree!!!:drinker:
  • punkin79314
    Options
    Yep, I hear ya!!! I do the same thing!! Love my Lambrusco, Moscoto, Concord, and Niagras!!!!! I usually have a glass every night but when the weekend comes I can do some damage when I am at home!!!! :drinker:

You named 2 of my FAVORITE wines!! For red I love Lambrusco and absolutely love a good Moscato!! Yumm. I will be honest, I haven't had a glass of wine since New Years Eve. Let me tell ya, I am so ready for a glass of wine after how today has gone!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    HUGE Pinot fan here. Have a glass every night and I throughly enjoy it!!!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    wine is awesome. i'm not sure what this thread is about. and i like my wine like i like my women. properly aged and full bodied.
  • christinezappella
    christinezappella Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sign of alcoholism? If you're having a bottle of wine for BREAKFAST, that's a sign of alcoholism. Otherwise, salute!
  • WanderLaura
    Options
    YUM! omg I have this problem. It just tastes soooo goooood! That's what these *alcoholism* people apparently don't understand. It just tastes SO DAMN GOOD. lol!
    I try to only drink wine like 1x/ week because I know when I have a glass I'm going to want the bottle! Allow yourself the bottle 1x/ week! It won't kill you! Just work extra hard that day at the gym!! :)
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    me too! Don't feel too bad. Red wine has heart health benefits. I am trying to restrict my wine to weekends and maybe 1 weeknight. Doing ok so far, but I end up drinking a lot on the weekends....like 1/2 bottle at least on Saturday night. Whoops. I'm working on it...
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I love my wine. But while trying to lose weight, whenever I decide to drink I have switched to vodka/coke zero or vodka/any diet drink because it is lower in calories. And, I only drink if I'm craving it, once a week or once every 2 weeks or whenever we are with friends.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I like to drink my wine while working out, they cancel each other out then!

Wine-Rack-Bra.jpg
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    wine is awesome. i'm not sure what this thread is about. and i like my wine like i like my women. properly aged and full bodied.

This just made me LOL, I am most certainly improperly aged, as in I don't do it gracefully, and I am more than full bodied! Wine is most certainly awesome tho, so cheers! :drinker:
  • JujiBean
    JujiBean Posts: 187
    Options
    I do low carb, not calorie counting, so wine is free! Dry wines only like chardonnay or sauvignon blanc or merlot.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    LMAO, wow, you guys really need to be educated as to what alcoholism is. The opinion that you are not an alcoholic unless you start drinking in the morning or only drink twice a week is the kind of stuff that kills people. It does, it really does.

If you can not stop drinking, it is a problem. And trust me when I say, it is not a choice that is made, it is the way chemicals react in an alcoholics brain.

I am okay with the smart azz remarks and do not mind them at all, I will continue to post this type of information when it comes to threads surrounding alcohol, you guys can make the choice if you wanna ignore me or what ever, if you do not have a problem, then it should not be a problem, right?

So far, I have had several people reach out to me and ask for help in the past few days. That makes all the rude and uninformed remarks worth it.

And by the way, if you can have a couple of drinks to relax and unwind and then put it down and not want anymore, good for you,. My husband can actually do that. I do not think that everyone that drinks is an alcoholic or abuses alcohol. It is only a problem when it is a problem, and the OP of this thread, for sure expressed her concern for it being a problem.
  • wilberfamily
    wilberfamily Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I love the taste of wine and I like reds and whites. Reds I have an easier time just having one glass and sipping on it for the evening. Whites I tend to want more than one glass. I tend to drink more white wine in the warmer months so my plan then is to try making spritzers with it. I make sparkling water and figured I could mix that with the white wine. My favorite whites are probably moscato and pinot grigio. My favorite reds are merlot or cabernet sauvignon. If I want something sweeter but with more body a white merlot is very nice.
  • laura328
    laura328 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Sign of alcoholism? If you're having a bottle of wine for BREAKFAST, that's a sign of alcoholism. Otherwise, salute!

love it! you're my kind of people! :drinker:
  • may18052007
    Options
    Good idea-thanks :smile:
  • may18052007
    Options
    Regarding someone as an alcoholic because they say that they "cannot stop" is a bit of a sweeping statement, when in the context of a calorie restricted diet.

People say the same about having opened a bag of chips. "I opened a bag and could not stop eating them"

Personally, if I think to myself that I'll only have a couple of glasses of wine, simply because it has too many calories in for the exercise I've done that day, the wine itself does diminish my sense of self control and willpower to diet. After a couple of glasses of wine there are times when I sometimes say "Sod it, I'm having those pecans" and "Sod it I'm finishing the bottle" - it doesn't make me an alcoholic, or a pecanoholic!

Yes it might be a symptom of alcoholism, but it might also be a symptom of really loving a particular bottle of wine and thinking "screw the diet for tonight" :bigsmile:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    so...I'm supposed to stop at one bottle?
  • jtcc91
    jtcc91 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ooh, a topic near and dear to my heart. As you can see from my photo, I love wine. My husband and I drink it pretty much every night. For a while we were having a bottle a night between the two of us. Once I started tracking in MFP, I didn't like seeing how many calories I was using up on it. (Plus, it gets too darn expensive!) I still enjoy it, but have really worked on cutting back. I have a couple of wine glasses from the dollar store, and on them I used a black Sharpie marker to mark 4oz on the glass. Now, when I pour it, I know exactly how much I am having. And I've gotten to where I do not have wine every night anymore. I'm finding that I'm actually enjoying the wine more now that way. Keep us posted on how you're doing with it, and feel free to add me!