Any guys using work out videos?

Options
My wife has a bunch of Jillian Michael's DVDs, and I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with them as they seem to be geared towards females. Are there any others that you reccommend? I'm a beginer, if it makes a difference. Thanks.

Replies

• 5KrunningDude
    Options
    p90x and insanity is the way to go.
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    or turbo fire... i have done p90x and insanity (twice each) and now i am moving onto my 2nd week of TF & Loving it!
    if you want, you can check out my before & after pics :D
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/twinmama1987
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    P90X, P90X2 and Insanity.
  • gdc1979
    gdc1979 Posts: 22
    Options
    I am using jillian michaels 30 day shred... I adapt some of the exercises to include heavier weights, but I bhave found it great for toning as I lose weight. i have only been doing it for a little over a week ( 20min workout everyday) and I also use it as an additional workout to my normal 30 min cardio/resisitance program.
  • j_flo2020
    Options
    My boyfriend does the 30 day shred with me and he is seeing some results
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    My husband is currently doing the 30 Day Shred with me, he just uses bigger weights than me. Afterward we're moving on the Ripped in 30 together. He finds it challenging (since he's using the bigger weights) and he's seeing results. There was a thread on here not too long ago where a man posted his before/after pics from the 30 Day Shred (those pics are what convinced my husband to do it with me LOL) - the guy said he used anywhere from 5-30 lb weights depending on the specific exercise, and he had really obvious results.
  • determinedsocialworker
    Options
    I started doing 30 Day Shred and my husband was great and did it with me. I ended up not continuing it and spending more time at the gym and he liked it so he kept at it and is really liking it. He ups the weights when he needs to so it's still challenging, so I wouldn't worry about it.. He just laughs when she calls him a lady and keeps on going.... The exercises are universal... Enjoy!
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Ditto on P90x. I had good success, but had trouble working out at home with all the distractions. Insanity has no equipment, but boy is that tough (its tougher than P90x in my opinion). You can pick up a copy on e-bay or craigslist pretty cheap, or you can find it streaming online sometimes if you want to try it before you buy it. Now remember, if you do that, its illegal...but if you actually stick with it, it'll be beneficial for you to buy it.
  • nailed479
    Options
    I have done, Turbo Jam, Insanity, P90x, and Turbo Fire. I just started the Turbo Fire/P90X hybrid.
  • Meredith1618
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Biggest Loser Work outs are awesome for beginners. When you're ready to step it up I recommend Bob Harper and P90X Plyometrics