oh my god

Options
why are there so many different protein products on the market there is whey, milk, egg whites etc.......
if anyone can help me i would apreciate it i want a form of protein to take after my gym work out to help keep my lean muscle with low carbs and low fat but it carnt taste bitty or anything it has to taste good. so which protein would be a good one for me ? sorry and many thanks every one

Replies

• RogerF765
    RogerF765 Posts: 113
    Options
    Because the supplement industry does billions in sales ever year...lol Personally I've heard good things about Beverly Products but they are pretty spendy. Right now I'm using 6 star Whey Plus. It's reasonably priced I've read good things about it and most importantly it tastes good. You can pick it up at most Walmart stores. When I take it post workout I usually mix it with some skim milk or juice.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I use Spiru-tein b/c I cannot have whey. I also liked them because you can buy single packets, so if I didn't like the flavor, it isn't like I had to drop $20-30 on a container for something that tasted like chalk. I'm sure other products come in single serve packets, so I'd suggest buying a few to see which ones you like and do not like before committing to the big canister.
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    I buy mine in bulk from costco. It's Whey Protein powder by cryosport, the same people who make muscle milk. I just mix it in water and chug. I've been looking into protein from hemp but it can be kinda pricey. The complaint I've heard with whey is it can make some people feel bloated.
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I currently use Body Fortress whey protein (chocolate), which you can find on sale for $13 for 2lbs. It mixes easily with a spoon and tastes good.
  • rachelnelson76
    rachelnelson76 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I also use Body Fortress Whey Protein (vanilla), most mornings I mix the powder, Greek yogurt, and frozen fruit for a quick breakfast.
  • cmarie20
    cmarie20 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    is there protient powders that are water based that taste like a fruit drink i can t tolerate milk or soy
  • judgejava
    Options
    for breakfast egg protein is good, before or after a workout whey as it is fast acting.

Before bed something like cottage cheese or milk is good as it is casein based and slow realease as you sleep so you are constantly being fed protein.

Cheers
  • hristossida
    hristossida Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Whey - instant acting protein
    Creatine - slow digesting protein

Either way you can get the same benefits out of one protein shake from say a can of tuna.
  • judgejava
    Options
    Whey - instant acting protein
    Creatine - slow digesting protein

Either way you can get the same benefits out of one protein shake from say a can of tuna.

That is very true.

However depending on how you make your shake or what brand you use it will often be less calories than a tin of tuna which for people on weight loss may be more beneficial.

And of course not many people want a tin of tuna before bed or upon waking, but a protein shake will often be more easily accepted and digested.

Cheers