Alcoholic beverages.....YES please

Options
2»

Replies

• Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's sold everywhere in the country but 312 Beer from Goose Island only has 135 calories in a 12 oz. bottle. It's a great beer! Otherwise you could always go with a Coors or it's equivalent for 102 calories or MGD 64 calorie beer. Champagne is also a nice low calorie option that I enjoy :)
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet coke, instead of normal coke..
    Although the vodka has more calories in it than the coke does. =0
  • mrsweigl
    mrsweigl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have pretty much cut out alcohol because it makes me want to eat but i do still enjoy a glass of wine every now and then :)
  • AmyMK
    AmyMK Posts: 164
    Options
    Vodka and water with a splash of lime or lemon - you can use soda too but soda water has high sodium
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I now drink whiskey or vodka with coke zero, but I really miss my Guinness and imported IPA's.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    If you want to keep up with folks drinking all evening without going over your calories, consider ordering Virgin Marys ( Bloody Mary without the vodka). 34 calories per 4 oz serving, full of vitamins, though also full of salt. You can drink those all night.
  • Hissweetheart
    Hissweetheart Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Gin and diet tonic, Skinny Girl cocktails or a glass of wine.
  • Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    If you want to keep up with folks drinking all evening without going over your calories, consider ordering Virgin Marys ( Bloody Mary without the vodka). 34 calories per 4 oz serving, full of vitamins, though also full of salt. You can drink those all night.

Or if you want the extra bang go for the Bloody Mary and order it nice and spicy! I like mine with horseradish to kick it up. Then you tend to sip slower and drink water as well!
  • carpediem85
    carpediem85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like any flavored vodka in diet coke!! Or vodka and diet cranberry. (Pinnacle Gummy vodka in diet cranberry is so flipping dangerous!!)
    Drinking is a splurge so I try to just save it up for special events, ie birthday parties or a night out in either Philly or Atlantic City.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Pretty much as low as you can go for liqueur is a shot, and that's just over 90 cal. Start adding in mixes and it goes up.

When thinking about drinking I try and go for the biggest bang for my buck. Dark beer is usually low in calories (Guinness is around 140) and also has a lot of beneficial ingredients.

Avoid fruity beverages if you can. They add up REAL quick.

That first part isn't true-- the database puts most shots at around 78 calories per fluid oz.
  • jomcg67
    Options
    I like gin with perier and then a squeeze of lime
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    vodka, fresh lime and soda is the go... or white wines and champagnes...

i don't drink much, so when i drink, i just drink what i want which is usually gin and tonic, or vodka and tonic, i hate diet lemonades adn tonics and stuff. i don't drink every week, so i don't think it's a big issue.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I drink mike hard LIGHT lemonades. 100 cal each.
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    8 Bud lights are about the equivilant of a Wendy's 1/4 lb with small french fry or 880 calories about 56g of carbs so for reference sake a cup of white steamed rice has 45g of carbs. 8 shots of Jameson Irish Whisky on the rocks has roughly 560 calories with 0 carbs. Carbs make a huge difference when you are drinking in relation to weight loss. Just count it towards your weekly goal and remain under the calorie goal for day/week. I lost over 2lbs a week consistently drinking 8 beers on a Friday night drinking endeavor. Now i much more prefer Irish Whisky to beer haha
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Drinks with bubbles make you more drunk.

Vodka/soda with lime and lemon.
    Presbeterian any alcohol with soda and gingerale mixed.
    Cosmopolitan-hold the triple sec. Vodka/splash cranberry/fresh lime juice. order it this way.
    Vodka soda splash of cranberry and lime

The more colorful an alcohol the more adjuncts or impurities it has. The more impurities the greater the hangover. Hi-end alchohol such as Grey Goose or Patron Blanco/silver are filtered 5X.

Ex: Bourbon is a white alcohol when first produced. It is stored in chard oak barrels for several years. It is the warming and cooling of the barrel that absorbs and expells the alcohol. Everybody has seen the rings in trees when cut down. The bourbon takes on its color from this.

Hangovers are caused from the adjuncts or impurities from alcohol. These impurites collect in the brain and the pain is the result of your body trying to get rid of it.

Stay away from andy diet sodas. These chemicals with your condition are not healthy for you. Your body has to get rid of the chemicals that you ingest. If your body is busy fighting or clensing itself it will store the toxins with fat.

•Kamikaze: 105 Calories
    •Rum and Diet Coke: 110 Calories
    •Beachcomber: 115 Calories
    •Bloody Mary: 118 Calories
    •Black Russian: 125 Calories
    •Sloe Gin Fizz: 120 Calories
    •Tom Collins: 120 Calories
    •Whiskey Sour: 125 Calories
    •Seabreeze: 140 Calories
    •Sex on the Beach: 150 Calories
    •Cosmopolitan: 150 Calories
    •Mojito: 160 Calories
    •Martini: 171 calories
    •Red Bull and Vodka: 178 Calories
    •Rum and Coke: 185 Calories
    •Tequila Sunrise: 190 Calories
    •Screwdriver: 200 Calories
    Midori Fizz - 80 Calories
  • krunchykat
    krunchykat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I found out last night that light rum goes well with raspberry Crystal Light. I would say any clear liquor would go well with it, just be careful of how much you drink. I ended up drinking 800 calories worth of rum and didn't realize it.
  • chesewdro
    chesewdro Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    MGD beer has 67 calories a bottle
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Red wiine
  • LauraLovesCamp
    Options
    When I know I'm going for it, I just try to eat a little less that day. Cause the drink calories will add up no matter what. But I'm a red wine fan myself. But I mix it up. Try to avoid sugar mixers with lots of juice. Plus they don't feel good later anyway.
  • AimeeCofer
    Options
    my go to is vodka, soda, splash of cran with a lime.... or a glass of red wine. Delish!