Insanity Reviews

Options
I'm 99% sure I'm starting Insanity, but what concerns me is doing it in my dorm room #1 and trying to modify it, #2. So my questions are:

1. Will doing Insanity on a hard floor kill my shins and give me shin splints like 30 Day Shred did?

2. If I modify it to begin with, will that defeat the purpose of the workout? Did anyone else modify starting out?

Replies

• AimeeCofer
    Options
    I purchased it... it's A LOT of jumping.... watch this short youtube video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLK28BHJDd8 if it looks like something you'd be in to- then go for it girl! I modified some of the workouts b/c they were up to an hr... and that's a long time for the intensity. It's a GREAT way to burn calories.. and it does get easier with practice.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    1. Yes probably. I've not done 30 day shred but insanity is a lot of jumping, fast movements, and floor work. I did it on carpeted cement floors and barefoot. But I do all my workouts and running barefoot so I was prepared for it. My calves and shins still hurt. Not you best plan get plyo mat IMO.

2. I thnk any workout can and should be modified to complete I would do month one for a longer period than just one month until you can do it without modifications if it were me.
  • bigbrownkid
    Options
    im on week 4 of insanity, when i did it in my apt it was on hardwood, just buy a yoga matt. usually if ur jumping u can jump on that.
  • fitcounselor
    fitcounselor Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'd say use some floor mats (you can tape down or will stay down). Lots of jumping! I used to have terrible pains but that's the conditioning you're in. They should let up once you get used to the moves. In fact, I used to have terrible shin splints from jogging outside (cement). Then I did 2 rounds of Insanity. no more shin splints!
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I've done it twice and still incorporate the routines into my work out regime. I love it, personally. It is a lot of jumping, but everything can be modified. My mom does some of the routines too and modifies a lot of the jumping moves so she doesn't hurt her knees. As long as you're giving it 100% of what you can do right now, you'll only improve as you get stronger. I never had issues with my shins or knees or anything... just my arms and legs wanting to give out after a while. lol It's an awesome workout... GO FOR IT!