Juicers

Options
lizbalfour
lizbalfour Posts: 6 Member
Hi all, I've just bought myself an Omega Juicer and would love some recipie ideas. So far I've tried juicing spinach, cucumber, celery, beetroot and carrots.

Replies

• VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Mmmm! love my juicer! I had to put it away though because I couldn't afford so much produce! I should just do it a couple times a week instead of everyday... teehee.

My fave was always apple/carrot/cucumber. I know it's simple but I HATE carrots so this was a good way for me to get them in.
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Here's some recipes from the Jack Lalanne site :)http://blog.powerjuicer.com/juicing-recipes/
  • deni57
    deni57 Posts: 1
    Options
    I love my juicer. Every morning I do kale, spinach, celery, cuke, apple and a peice of ginger. Sometimes I add cranberries if I have some on hand. In the summer I have added strawberries too. I wash the vesggies the night before and all I have to do is make my juice.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    My favorite;

6oz lean grilled sirloin
    1/4 cup mozzarella
    2 slices bacon
    2 large eggs
    1 cup whole milk

Delicious, and healthy. Enjoy!
  • dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i could go on and on and on... my favorite is 1c pineapple, 1 small apple, 1/2 cucumber. DELICIOUS!
  • KYMUSE
    KYMUSE Posts: 66
    Options
    I am obssessed with my juicer-my standby is 2 handfuls of spinach, a cucumber, 2 celery stalks and then rotate different fruits. I agree about the expense of it, so I buy frozen pineapples, strawberries and blueberries. So good.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I love cucumber, carrot, celery, spinach and either sweet peppers or a radish to zip it up a little. I'm not big on fruit juices, too sweet for me, but an apple is a nice add sometimes too.

Spinach is great becasue you get all the good nutrients but the flavor is very mild - not overpowering at all.

I was going to suggest the LsLanne recipe site as well. Have fun!
  • crewsicka
    crewsicka Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have an omega juicer too.... love it! Worth the extra $$$. I have definitely made some nasty *kitten* juices in the past! Like I have no idea why I did this... but one day I decided to make cilantro juice.... omg... what the hell!!!! Had to hold my nose to get it down. Anyways... I love juicing watermelons!!! But drink melon juice right after juicing cuz it goes bad quick. You can throw spinach in just about everything cuz it doesn't have much flavor. Beware of too much ginger! That crap is spicy as hell!!! Don't juice apple seeds cuz they are toxic. And don't juice orange peels!!!! ew!

Anyways... this was like a big list of things that I learned the hard way.... lol. Juicing is really fun! Try all kinds of combinations!
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    My favorite is pineapple, mango, and strawberry... but typically I do more vegetables than fruit and make juices (soups)...I make a bunch on a weekend day and freeze 2-cups per serving. I don't love drinking it every day at lunch time but I can actually FEEL my body transforming -- energy coming up, muscles feeling less fatigue, and I'm starting to sleep a little deeper...go figure I am getting all that "good" from putting good things into my body

soup #1: tomatoes, carrots, bell pepper, beets, ginger root, onion, garlic (quality beef./chicken/vegetable bouillon base) salt & pepper to taste

soup#2: sweet potato, ginger root, carrots, (various spices) see All The Cooks (dot com) for variations
  • brittaniemarie88
    Options
    My roommate got me to start juicing and I LOVE IT! It really does make me feel better when I do it at least 1-2 a day. Though will agree it does get expensive which is why I always try to hit up the farmers markets you can sometimes talk them down on price especially if your a regular of their stand. My favorite juice for the morning and afternoons is

4 stalks celery
    2 large handfuls of spinach or watercress
    2 fuji apples
    1/4 whole lemon with peel on it.
    1 cube ginger

The lemon makes it taste like lemonade so it would also be a great recipe for the summer on hot days.
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    www.freedomyou.com has some awesome juicing recipes. They also try to sell you their books, but there's a lot of recipes on there you really don't need to buy them.

I ran into this alleged cold remedy while looking for juicing recipes while surfing the net.

1 lemon, 2 apples, and 1" ginger