Meal Supplement/Protein Shake

Options
Xoe4
Xoe4 Posts: 38 Member
I'm looking for some sort of shake either protein or meal replacing, without the zillion grams of sugar. Preferably something 5g/serving or less but I'll settle for something under 10g. I'm in class all day without a lunch break so I need something more filling, and better nutrition wise than granola bars to get me through the day. Thanks!

Replies

• msespresso
    msespresso Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My protein shake of choice (Élance™ Frappé from Bodywise) has
    • 20 grams of protein
    • 22 vitamins and minerals
    • 130 calories
    • 5g carbohydrates
    • 2g fiber
    • 1g sugar
    • 0g trans fat

I'm curious about the stats on other shakes!
  • sncmaddie
    sncmaddie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I drink Jillian Michaels Whey Protein Triple Chocolate Shake. One scoop is:100 calories, 15g protein, 3g of sugar.... Use two scoops with a piece of fruit or vegetable for a meal supplement.
  • sncmaddie
    sncmaddie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I drink Jillian Michaels Whey Protein Triple Chocolate Shake. One scoop is:100 calories, 15g protein, 3g of sugar.... Use two scoops with a piece of fruit or vegetable for a meal supplement. I get mine for $10 at Wal-Mart.
  • 73tanya
    Options
    EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control-100 calories, 17 grams protein, 3 carbs My favorite is the vanilla but they come in many flavors and are available at your local Walmart.
  • Tashabinns
    Options
    Whey or was protein supplements. Are good u can add fruit. Soy milk
  • circuspixie
    Options
    I use Isagenix & LOVE it!!! No artificial sweetners! I use the whey protein (18 gram/scoop) & then blend it w/ frozen berries & honey. I also love using a tbsp of coconut meat to round it out as a complete meal.

The other protein meal replacement I like is Champion Nutrition Ultramet original vanilla & strawberry flavors. There are some artificial additives in these, but they seriously taste like milkshakes. I think these are available online through various sites. Feel free to mssg me if you cannot find info & want to give them a try! Good luck!
  • AlexChan_Fitness
    Options
    Go for nitro core 24 by Optimum Nutrition it has all the different types for protein you need ranging from whey all the way to misceller casein with 14 g Carbohydrates, 24 g Protein, 5 g Fiber, 5 g Fat ( added from Omega 3's 6's and 9's) and only 2 g of Sugar. Hope it helps
  • campuschef
    campuschef Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I drink the Nutrilite berry or chocolate flavored shake.24 grams protien, 4 grams carbs and 160 calories.