Arctic Zero ice cream - opinions?

Options
So I saw this on the Dr. Oz show and was wondering if anyone has had it before. It's only 150 calories for a pint (yes, a PINT) and i'm just wondering if it actually tastes good. There aren't many stores that carry it in my area but I believe Whole Foods does which isn't too far. Has anyone tried it? Thanks!!

Replies

• Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    It isn't ice cream, it's an ice cream substitute.

You will get widely varied opinions. I tried two flavors just out of curiosity and could not stand it. Texture and taste were both blergh.

I love small, savored portions of high quality, real ice cream.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    texture was great, but the flavor wasn't worth the money. quite expensive.
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options

^^^^^This!!!!:love: ^^^^^
  • lizzylxix
    Options
    Ok I ran out and bought a pint first thing this morning after I read about it on the topic before this one. I liked it. It was not icecream it was more like soft serve and to me it the chocolate tasted like frozen chocolate pudding. It doesn't taste as rich and creamy as ice cream, however, I am on a diet and it is a great thing to have in the freezer next to my husband's ice cream so that I can induldge in something that I can enduldge in and not be tempted to eat his! As for the price it is expensive ( $4 in FL) but I have no problem buying it once a week for a pat on the back without the guilt of overdoing my calories or having to starve the entire day so I can reward myself.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    It isn't ice cream, it's an ice cream substitute.

You will get widely varied opinions. I tried two flavors just out of curiosity and could not stand it. Texture and taste were both blergh.

Im with you.. Id rather have a small serving of Breyers...
  • ThinningDownChick
    ThinningDownChick Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You have to remember when you eat it that it's NOT real ice cream, but for a WHOLE PINT that clocks in at 150 calories, it's good enough for me on the occassion that I know a half cup serving is NOT going to cut it. I like chocolate, chocolate peanut butter (don't be expecting a reese taste here though) and vanilla maple. The cookies and cream is HORRIBLE!!! I would however use this with caution because the xanthum gum and guar gum that they make it with can jack your belly up!!

you can make your own protein ice cream in a baggie like this:

In a LARGE ziplock bag place alot of ice and 1/2 cup salt. In a smaller spill proof zip lock bag place 1 cup of almond milk, 1/2 scoop protein powder, sweetner of choice and whatever else you want "in" your ice cream. Seal bag, place in other bag and SHAKE vigorously for 5 minutes. Walah, you have ice cream (and a good tricep workout ;)
  • skinny_buddha
    Options
    I think most people compare it to ice cream since it's frozen and comes in a pint like regular ice cream. Their site says it's basically a protein shake in ice cream form but that it's safe for those of us (me) that are lactose intolerant. I went out out and bought a pint of each of the flavors I could find. Unfortunately I could only find 3 flavors at my local store because the rest of the shelf was empty. I got vanilla maple, mint chocolate cookie and cookies and cream. I actually loved all 3 of them. But I was more fond of the fact that I was getting 14 grams of whey protein, 8 grams of fiber and no artificial crap or copious amounts of sugar...and for 150 calories a pint...come on!

Anyway, favorites in order were Mint chocolate cookie (no cookies in it however but it tasted like a thin mint girl scout cookie), vanilla maple (really different but really good combination), and then cookies and cream (it's a weird gray color but tastes really good). I'm looking forward to finding the chocolate peanut butter and strawberry next time I'm in the store.

I found that the consistency and flavor completely change dramatically if you put a pint in the microwave for about 20 seconds. It gets crazy smooth and rich. Anyway...my 2 cents.

Found this posting here on the site where they're discussing Arctic Zero too.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/460523-eating-my-pint-of-ice-cream
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I found it today at a specialty store. Bought one chocolate and one chocolate with peanut butter. Paid $3.69 each. Will try one in a few days. I'm not much of an ice cream eater but I read someone on here tried it and liked it so I put it on my list to find.

ThinningDown...how does it jack your belly up....like diarrhea or just stomach aches?