Can you burn calories watching a football game?

Options
BioShocked89
BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
...Because I need a breather after that SPECTACULAR Patriots Vs. Ravens game! Final score was 23-20, Patriots.
Two back to back interceptions, and on the edge of your seat plays! I am literally sweating and short of breath. Lol.
It was the same score the Patriots beat the Ravens with last time. Same exact scores.

I was expecting to go into overtime, but then the Ravens missed that last field goal. No offense to the Ravens fans, but the look on your guys' faces after missing that field goal was pretty funny.

So, NFL fans, who are the Patriots going to face in two weeks? Giants or 49ers? Who do you think? And who do you want to win the Superbowl?

Replies

• jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I am not sure about burning calories but I almost had a heart attack. And my wife is pissed at me for screaming at the TV.
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    49ers! and the defense will stuff the patriots offense!
  • mlbazemore
    mlbazemore Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Giants! I'm looking for the NFC to take it home eventhough it's not my Eagles :'(
  • lcarr60
    lcarr60 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I would think you would burn calories because you are jumping up and down so burning calories is a no brainer. Especially, when you see the Ravens intercept the ball from the Patriots and see the look on "BRADY'S" Face. It was awesome. However, that last minute field goal kick from cundiff was enough to make you sick, so perhaps you could lose some weight by getting sick. lol. As for the Super Bowl - "GO 49er's"
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm pretty sure I burned eighty bajillion calories screaming, "Noooooo, you IDIOTS !!!!!" at the Ravens for three firggin' hours.

Not to mention the hundreds of calories burned giving myself CPR after the heart attack I suffered in the last few seconds of the game.

At least I can take comfort in knowing that I won't be tempted to eat a lot of junk food during the Super Bowl since I won't be watching it. No reason to now. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.............:explode:
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    49ers! and the defense will stuff the patriots offense!

Hmmm, no. I don't think that's going to happen now :tongue: