Aim - UK size 30 to UK size 12

Options
Hi all

I'm fairly new on here, I signed up before Christmas but didn't really use it (due to wanting mums christmas dinner which is hard to resist) but now I am motivated and ready to go.

I'm quite lucky as considering my size my cholestral and blood pressure are fine (probably due to being a dancing marmite loving veggie).

However, despite the bubbly front I'm not a happy bunny and I'm fed up with my size. Not sure how I got to this stage really, I was a size 10 at school and it seems that in the last 10 years I became addicted to naughty food. I've tried diet clubs, slimming pills and those horrid shakes only to pile on more weight than I was when I started. I think all I need really is to be better educated on my food choices and to be in a positive frame of mind.

So here I am, a size 30 and about to start my quest for a better body and a healthier lifestyle.

Wish me luck and help keep me motivated. You all seem like a lovely bunch and the sucess stories on here are amazing! xx

Replies

• fiod1930
    fiod1930 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome i joined in 2011 but never really used it & just sat stuffing my face with more than 1 excuse on why i shouldnt be going back down the gym so i have eaten myself to a size 22 which is really getting me down. So i got back into it about 2 weeks ago & i have started seeing results already. I only drink water & i've noticed my stomach is not as bloated as it used to be :-) I was a chocoholic so i have stopped eating all the bad stuff to stop my craving's i eat cadbury dark chocolate only 4 squares once every 3 or 4 days :-)

You will do get to the size you want to be you just got to keep yourself motivated & set yourself goals i thrive on them - for instance i bought a sixe 18 trousers & i have hung them on the outside of my wardrobe door so when i wake every morning they r there waiting for me to get into them :-D

Feel free to add me & we can keep each other motivated :-D
  • MrsRabbit83
    MrsRabbit83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That sounds great, thank you. I need some motivational buddies who understand.

How do I add you? lol. I haven't quite figured out how to work this thing yet - bar thefood tracker that is.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hey.

You've made the first step which is important, don't let go of the determination.

Make sure you aim yourself with friends who can support and motivate you, you don't have to give up your favourite foods but make sure you eat them in moderation. Portion control is a huge thing as well, weigh everything.

Good luck with your journey.
  • JG1807
    JG1807 Posts: 40
    Options
    Welcome...friend request sent
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options

How do I add you? lol. I haven't quite figured out how to work this thing yet - bar thefood tracker that is.

Click the persons name and it will take you to their profile where you can add as a friend, send messages and sometimes view their diary - depends on the persons settings.
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options

I've added you, you should get an alert to accept (or decline!)

I'm in Dartford, Kent and I'm currently a size 20. I have been a size 30, and i've been down to a size 14. I was about a size 24 when I started here last June and have lost 30lbs since then. I would like to get back to a size 14. I've done weight watchers before, which got me to goal but I just couldn't maintain! I'm learning better habits here.

I would suggest not concentrating too much at the moment on getting down to a size 12. Take it half a stone at a time. You will see your body changing shape, and that will be a great feeling.
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    sexyminxinthemaking Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    sending you a friend request :) you can do this x
  • MrsRabbit83
    MrsRabbit83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I would suggest not concentrating too much at the moment on getting down to a size 12. Take it half a stone at a time. You will see your body changing shape, and that will be a great feeling.
    [/quote]

I like this suggestion, I suppose it's better having smaller goals so that Mr Cadbury's doesn't get the better of me :-)
  • RachCx
    RachCx Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi,

I'm new here too and will send u a friend request, hopefully we can all motivate each other :-)