new need help and support!!!

Options
I am new to MFP and so far love it. Helps me think about what I eat before I eat it, also encourages me to excercise. I have lost 8 lbs in my first 3 days, and nothing since then. I think I need to eat differently, but not sure how. I have always been under in calories and every category, but not sure if I am doing the right things.

Any help would be appreciated. I need to loose weight, I weigh 290 lbs, my mom is diabetic, and have tried every diet I have heard of in the last ten years.

thanks

Replies

• cher26taytay
    Options
    Sometimes decreasing your calories can be bad for you too. you may lose muscle instead of the fat. Have you talked to your doctor? sometimes depending on any meds or conditions you may have could play a factor too!
  • jmmbrent
    jmmbrent Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Had a physical and am totally fit--

blood sugar, cholesterol, etc.

just need to loose weight.

I can always loose weight-- ex. adkins, south beach, juicing, etc, just never been able to keep it off.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Keep at it, it is not a quick fix like Adkins but that is good because it will last. If you lost 8lbs in 3days it was probably water weight. Give yourself some time to balance out and you will start losing again. I too have tried them all and lost over a 100lbs on Adkins but i found it plus some after i stopped doing it. I have a long way to go and need to lose quite a bit more weight than you do even. My wife and I decided at new years we were going to eat right and track everything we eat. So far so good. Let me know if you need some encouragement as I could use some from time to time myself.
  • jmmbrent
    jmmbrent Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    thanks for the encouragement.

Everyone tells me that if you loose weight fast it is water weight. I know that this is silly, but what is water weight? I always loose around 10 lbs quickly on a diet, but I almost am always drink a ton of water. How am I loosing water weight if I am drinking a lot of water? thanks
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Not sure that is just what i have always been told and there I go repeating it like its a fact. But thanks for the Add and If you need a good word just let me know.