Help with unfortunate situation?

Options
2»

Replies

• Definately Judge Judy! For real, take it to court!
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    They are in London. Do they even know who Judge Judy is? LoL Chica number 2 is from the U.S. on a visa that can't get a bank account. Is chica number 2 suppose to carry her wad of cash to work with her?
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    There is no proof its him. Nice to know that someones past rules their future. Lovely.
  • Softly_Sedated
    Options
    Agree with stfulauren, laloquita21, and shellymacchi. As a side note, I don't understand why Girl 2 can't have a bank account just because she is on a tourist visa. Where is she expected to keep her money (that I assumed she saved to come to the U.K.) ? Also, you said that she went to work, but is not allowed to work because she is on a tourist visa. So one roommate is breaking the law and could be deported if caught or reported while another invites lowlifes to stay in the flat with no concern for her safety or that of her roommate's, or the latter's comfort. New roommates need to be found!
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm with the others in that Girl 1 may not be obligated to reimburse her flatmates for stolen property. What DOES sound necessary is for there to be a firmer flatmate agreement - how boyfriends/overnight guests are to be handled, drug-use in the apartment, and so on. I don't think the majority of the house should be afraid for themselves or their property in their own home.
  • nodone
    nodone Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    She is not obligated to pay as no proof or evidence. You should make landlord aware and everyone should complain saying wont pay rent until situation is under control. She will probably get evicted. and suggest locks for each room to the landlord which should have been standard practice in the first place.
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    YES! the right thing would be for her to pay her back. it was her friend who stole it so she should repay with out even having to be asked.