30 day shred!!!

Options
hey guys so im on day two of the 30ds and i was just wondering am i doing this right? i dnt feel the 'burn' or pain that i hear people talking about lol i complete the whole 20 plus min of it. and i do the exercises right and sweat my a** off....just wondering is a workout still working even if you dont feel that pain the day after lol hope this is not to silly of a question. :)

also addd meeee i need more friends/support on here

Replies

• SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    If you don't feel the burn you probably are not pushing hard enough, get deep into those squats, up your weights and start following Natalie. You'll feel the burn then. I am on my second round. I am now following Natalie for all the squatting exercises and lunges. I have gotten stronger but I am pushing harder.
  • jasmineb2012
    Options
    i dont do the modified version of it i keep up with her except for the pushups lol thanks for the advice though, maybe ill skip to level 2 tomorrow an see if that changes things :)
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You may be delayed a day or two. That happens to me sometimes. I could do the shred for a month, stop for a couple weeks, start up again and be really sore. I'm such a whimp.:bigsmile:
  • TaraHolloway_
    TaraHolloway_ Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've started doing 30 day shred with weights. Do you do it every day?
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    level one didn't do much for me either, if you're already in relatively good shape then i'd say skip over to level 2. also, what size weights are you using? for some of the exercises i had to use heavier weights to feel any burn.
  • hkussatz
    Options
    I have been doing the 30 day shred and I don't feel the burn either. However, keep it up! I've seen changes in my body even though I have yet to be sore (FYI I did Beachbody Insanity program and was not sore either... but wow did I get great results from that!). Hang in there.... stick with it everyday and you will see your body change. (Really focus on your diet too... I think that is more the KEY than exercise ever is!)
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I am wondering the same thing ...
  • cassblue21
    Options
    I am on level three of the shred and I have not been too sore at all! I think it is because of the warm ups and cool downs. She is really good at incorporating them and getting all the muscles warm and then stretched afterwards. :) And I am doing an intense workout and sweating loads! I was really surprised by the lack of pain as well. I had muscle soreness but never enough that I couldn't move! I love it though! I lost 6.5 inches the first 10 days then 7.3/4 inches the next 10. Keep up the great work and make sure you have measured! My weight didn't budge much but I have more muscle and the inches proved it was doing good!
  • TamsinEllis
    Options
    I have to say I didn't feel the pain/burn when doing it, like sure I felt worn out or whatever (gah so unfit lol) but I found that it was after I stopped doing it (chest infection) that I got achy, I mean wow the aches I felt were awful, I have noticed when I've exercised on and off (for whatever reason) I never ache when I do exercise, it's normally after 2-3days of doing no exercise that I ache. Maybe that's just me though. And like someone else said, if you're already quite fit I'd skip to level 2 early since level 1 isn't going to push you at all.
  • richelle67
    Options
    You must be in good shape. I think going to level 2 is a good idea. I have been doing 30 day shred for almost 3 weeks(stopped for about 4 days due to back problem) and have seen a 7 1/2 inch loss in my body. I am still doing level 1. Every time I hit the button to go to level 2 and I get ready to start to exercise, it starts level 1. And as you know it doesn't let you fast forward and I don't want to start the darn dvd all over again. So that is a sign to me, I am not ready for 2. (or a excuse). Feel free to add me as a friend it you would like more support.:smile:
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I can tell you what DID make me sore! I graduated from 30DS recently, so I moved on to Ripped. Level 1 of Ripped is pretty easy when coming from 30DS. So yesterday I decided to "pump it up" and added Extreme Shed and Shred to it. Today I did level 2 of Ripped and Extreme Shed and I am HURTING!

If you feel like you are really sailing through level 1, move on to the next level. I can honestly say that ten days of each was good, except level three - I didn't quite feel like I had "mastered" the moves as well - I'm pretty uncoordinated. I could have done a couple more days on that one.

Try to do things faster, or with weights - see if you can make your own variation that makes you feel the burn!
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I have to do it every other day because of my heel. But I didn't feel the pain in my legs but I have been doing the elliptical before that for a while so maybe that is why. I haven't seen a lot of inches off but I am guessing it will take me a little longer because I have to do it every other day. I wish my heel would get better so I can go at it every day...but that is never going to happen. On the days I don't do 30 day shred I do the the elliptical for 45mins to an hour. I just would love to see one week of 4 pounds off not just one or two.
  • jasmineb2012
    Options
    I've started doing 30 day shred with weights. Do you do it every day?

its only my second day lol but i plan to do it every day non stop:)
  • jasmineb2012
    Options
    level one didn't do much for me either, if you're already in relatively good shape then i'd say skip over to level 2. also, what size weights are you using? for some of the exercises i had to use heavier weights to feel any burn.

i wouldnt say that im in "good" shape lol but i have worked out an loss weight in the pass so maybe it could be muscle memory? but i use only 2lb weights because i have never worked out using weights before i didnt want to over do it
  • jasmineb2012
    Options

i wouldnt say that im in "good" shape lol but i have worked out an loss weight in the pass so maybe it could be muscle memory? but i use only 2lb weights because i have never worked out using weights before i didnt want to over do it
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    The first day I did the shred I thought I was going to vomit and pass out in the first five minutes. I pushed through and by day three level one I was doing good. Quickly after that I picked up 12 pound weights for the first set of bicept, then dropped down to 8 pound for the rest of the bicept routins. Tricepts and military press I used 5 pound weights. chest press 12 pound and flies 8 pounds.
    So if you up your weights maybe you will be feeling a better burn.
  • Knickole27
    Knickole27 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That means ur n great shape! Keep it up....
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Definitely up your weights. You're not gonna be overdoing it if you were to go to 5lbs.
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I was sooo sore after day 1...but then again I haven't exercised in a couple years....so maybe you are in better shape than you think. Added you as a friend! :).
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    A couple of ideas...use heavier weights. I find 5 lbs gets me sore.

Also, I tend to be sore 2 days later. Maybe you'll be more sore tomorrow.