P90x at gym?

Options
I prefer working out at gym vs home. I have no trouble getting to gym and usually go 7x week. My challenge is i need to change up my workout (in a big rut).

I borrowed P90 x from a friend to see if id like to do that because of the 'muscle confusion' and planned workout changes. I like the prospect of the program but would like to adapt it to the gym.

Any suggestions on how to adapt a program for the gym where there is no opportunity to pop in a dvd.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Replies

• Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I think it could be modified for gym. Just build circuits for shoulder/arms, one for cardio, one for plyo, etc. The problem will be when people are in your way and you have to wait for them...
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    A guy I used to work with basically wrote down the excises and did them with weights at the gym, with rest times being the same in the videos. Now I don't know about doing yoga or kenpo at the gym, not in a class, but the weights would be fine.

In all honesty though, you can create "muscle confusion" by changing your workout every 6-12 weeks.
  • fourbtgait
    fourbtgait Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just take the workout sheets with you and do them as they read.
    Then plyo, kenpo, yoga, do it at home.
    It is a good workout IF you push yourself.
    I can keep my heart rate up doing it and generally burn over 500 calories even with weight routines.