Bra fitting

Today I went to buy a new bra because I'm wearing an h cup when I've started losing some weight in my boobs last couple-few months and knew I was suppose to be in a dd/ddd. I got properly fitted and she agreed with the size, 38 or 40 dd/ddd.

I tried on 13 different sizes, and styles. The bras that were 42 were all too big and 40 seemed just right so I didn't try a 38 at all but between all these bras I didn't find a single one that fit. The reason? Although I found a 40ddd that fit perfect, my side "boob" was falling out of all of these bras. I tried on full figure and full coverage and still, I was spilling out the sides.

I've never had this problem before with the larger sizes I've been wearing for years, so my conclusion is I need the side width of a larger cup bra, but still have the smaller cup size. I even showed the attendant how it looked and she agreed.

Anyone else have this issue? Any specialty bras out there? Or should I just keep wearing my h cup bra that is now 5-6 cup sizes big?

Replies

• Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    I have the issue of my boobies being too small. I wear an A cup and even though I'm small, I'm constantly having to fix the sides cause they'll clump together or whatever. But no I haven't found a A cup bra that has wide sides. I'm to the point where I'm just wearing what I've got and I'll just deal with it til I get to my goal.
  • Jess5825
    Jess5825 Posts: 228
    I've had the same problem. I used to be a DD, but have since shrunk to a D. But the D's sometime have the side spill out a little, even though there his room on the bottom. But the DD is too big. So I just adjust it, and now I think they might have gone down a little more because it doesn't happen as often.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Did you go to a bra specialty store? I have one not too far from my house. The ladies there are AMAZING. They are in the dressing room with you and help you get into each bra. They carry a BUNCH of European lines which are cut WAY different than American bras. I'm a "french" meaning, like you, my breast actually starts back under the armpit, so the cup needs to start further back. The 2 bras I have a hella expensive, but so worth it to have them FIT. My fav is by Passionata and is the Passio Cheri Demi bra. I'm a 34 D, so not sure if thier bras come in larger sizes, etc. I'd suggest Nordstrom for fittings if you don't have a local bra boutique.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    sadly no

Just a plain old C cup here

Tho my cup size went up when I lost the weight not down Which was quite odd
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    The only thing I buy at Nordstroms-- Bra's. I always wear "le mystique"-- as it is the only one where I don't "spill" -- I am a 36 DDD--
    and the Mystique is great with t-shirts, etc. Not sure if it will solve your issue or not??? And, I think they do sell that brand in other places.. I just had great luck with the fittings at Nordstroms. Good Luck-- it's a tough problem. Oh.. and they are super expensive..but, very worth it. Just make sure to take care of them.. and they will last!
  • sadly no

Just a plain old C cup here

Tho my cup size went up when I lost the weight not down Which was quite odd

I had the same issue, I used to b a D but i lost 18lbs and I'm now a DD.
  • tunktunk5583
    tunktunk5583 Posts: 76 Member
    Today I went to buy a new bra because I'm wearing an h cup when I've started losing some weight in my boobs last couple-few months and knew I was suppose to be in a dd/ddd. I got properly fitted and she agreed with the size, 38 or 40 dd/ddd.

I tried on 13 different sizes, and styles. The bras that were 42 were all too big and 40 seemed just right so I didn't try a 38 at all but between all these bras I didn't find a single one that fit. The reason? Although I found a 40ddd that fit perfect, my side "boob" was falling out of all of these bras. I tried on full figure and full coverage and still, I was spilling out the sides.

I've never had this problem before with the larger sizes I've been wearing for years, so my conclusion is I need the side width of a larger cup bra, but still have the smaller cup size. I even showed the attendant how it looked and she agreed.

Anyone else have this issue? Any specialty bras out there? Or should I just keep wearing my h cup bra that is now 5-6 cup sizes big?

Did you "tuck" at the sides? I have to do that to prevent "spillage".
    Sounds like you should get the 40DDD and try different brands. Try getting more "functional with full cover" bra rather than a demi or something with less material. If you're still having issues, you should get custom made bras (they exist) but they're probably a bit $$$.

Support is everything and it can do wonders if you have the right fit.
  • I agree with Nordstrom's. They are the best!
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Certain styles of bras do that to me, I find the Bandeau works really well but 't-shirt' style is awful.. have you tried on different styles in your size, maybe it will help?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    I have the issue of my boobies being too small. I wear an A cup and even though I'm small, I'm constantly having to fix the sides cause they'll clump together or whatever. But no I haven't found a A cup bra that has wide sides. I'm to the point where I'm just wearing what I've got and I'll just deal with it til I get to my goal.

Same. Except after working out I'm now between 32-34 A and AA. :(

I think everyone has a hard time finding the right bra.
  • rosalieharris
    rosalieharris Posts: 33 Member
    I love wearing sports bras. They give me support and are very comfortable. I can wear them with all my button down shirts without them showing and no more pulling up my bra straps. Also, I don't know if you have one or where you are...but at Tanger Outlet Malls there is a Hanes store and they do FREE fittings there. Good Luck:)
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    I love wearing sports bras. They give me support and are very comfortable. I can wear them with all my button down shirts without them showing and no more pulling up my bra straps. Also, I don't know if you have one or where you are...but at Tanger Outlet Malls there is a Hanes store and they do FREE fittings there. Good Luck:)

sports bras end up stretching and dont give me any support at all and make me look like a granny
  • sssygirl
    sssygirl Posts: 55 Member
    I buy the Body by Victoria Full Coverage Lightly Lined Bra from Victoria's Secret.
    Its around $40 but they fit amazing and they are always true to size.
    I am a 38 DD.
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    36f, also have had better luck with the super expensive European bras. My bras are one of the most expensive components of my wardrobe, but worth it. I buy them at a bra specialty store-Intimacy. They do alterations included in the price, forever, so as I've lost weight, they've been able to alter them so I haven't had to buy new. Good luck.
  • TXBlonde81
    TXBlonde81 Posts: 78 Member
    I agree with the poster than mentioned Intimacy. They are great bra fitters. I usually get fitted and buy 1 or 2 bras from them and then order online from Bravissimo.com or Brastop.com as it comes out cheaper.

Did you try the next cup size up? Maybe an E or F? It might help you with the spillage issue.