If You're A Pumpkin Lover

Options

Replies

• Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    bump!! I will share a recipe later when I get back. = )
  • carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thanks for reminding me about pumpkin smoothies!!!! Haven't had one in a long time.....going to the fridge right now to make sure all ingredients are there.:laugh:
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I believe Philadelphia has a Pumpkin flavored cream cheese (seasonal) already.... but now I could make it any time of the year I want. Now we need ideas about what to spread it on....

I am thinking Wheat Thins LOL Now I'm hungry :smile:
  • crudd12
    Options
    Thanks for all the recipes!
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Just made my own pureed pumpkin. Thanks for all the ideas on how to use it.
  • cherylaclark
    cherylaclark Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone already posted this recipe, but if not it is very good.....I just call it pumpkin curry soup: It can be found on the Doctor Oz website as:

Cancer-Fighting Spicy Pumpkin Soup

The secret ingredient in this soup is antioxidant-rich pumpkin. The beta-carotene it contains can block the growth of cancerous cells. Easy to make, this curried soup will keep you warm through the winter months.
    Added to Recipes on Wed 01/04/2012
    Ingredients
    2 cans of pumpkin (15 oz can)
    4 shallots
    2 tsp unsalted butter
    2 garlic cloves
    1 tsp ginger
    2 tbsp curry spice mix
    2 tsp kosher salt
    1 tsp chili sauce
    3 1/2 cups water
    2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
    1 can unsweetened coconut milk ( not lowfat)
    Directions: Sauté shallots in butter until they are softened. Add garlic cloves, ginger and curry spice. Stir in the kosher salt, water, pumpkin, broth and coconut milk. Simmer uncovered over low heat for 30 minutes. Puree, until smooth
  • hiemerapril
    hiemerapril Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tbrp
    tbrp Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I make the pumpkin muffins too, but use the sugar-free yellow cake mix + 15 oz can of libby's pumpkin (plain pumpkin, not the pumpkin pie mix). Don't add anything else. Just follow package instructions for cupcakes to get the cooking time.
  • whoiskat23
    whoiskat23 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Some good recipes in here.
  • andreacord
    Options
    OMG. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    Bump
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing pumpkin recipes! I am a major pumpkin lover as well as a major sweet potato lover! (Don't get me started on the sweet potatoes.) We shall all start a club and create the MFP Pumpkin recipe book! I have a few of my own around the house too. But so far I think you hit on all the major ones.:tongue:
  • 32nissy
    32nissy Posts: 67
    Options
    bump
  • msespresso
    msespresso Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thank you to whomever bumped this up from November or whenever it started! I have a small pumpkin obsession LOL- here's my pinterest board about it (warning... they're not all healthy!)

http://pinterest.com/ms_espresso/mr-pumpkin-head/
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MelissaAnn1983
    MelissaAnn1983 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE pumpkin. Pumpkin EVERYTHING. Why I don't grow them in my garden I have no clue. This is by far my favorite message board ever! I wrote down the first few recipes. I can't wait to try the pumpkin smoothies and not to mention the pumpkin soup and chili!
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    bump!