Eating healthier and gaining weight?

Options
Hiya,

I recently moved countries and made the decision to start eating healthier and exercising more (I'm a real junk food addict!) which I've done pretty well over the past 10 days, just having fruit, sushi and noodle soups etc.. I have also been walking heaps every day, jogging, wii fit and hot yoga but by the end of the week had gained 1.5 kg!! Yikes.. almost tempted me back to living on pizza..

The only thing I've noticed that's different (apart from health & low calories) in how I ate before in that I now seem to be having a small/nothing brekkie, medium lunch and big dinner. I am always around 1200 cal so hitting my target..

Could skipping breakfast and eating mostly carbs (rice & noodles) be the cause of my weight gain?

Has anyone had this happen to them? It's nastily depressing, especially in the first week or so! Was using calorie counter prior.. only moved to MFP today..

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    How about the sodium? I'm more than sure that's the real issue.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • losethepuku
    Options
    Hmm hadn't really thought about the sodium content.. I only have one little fish worth of soy sauce with my sushi roll for lunch.. and the noodle soups are from chinatown so real broth made with bones, not the packet stuff packed with salt.. but then again you don't know what else they're putting in there.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    The "weight" you speak of is probably just water retention as previously stated. Try to lower your carb and sodium intake and focus more on protein and fresh fruits and vegetables.