Is it logical to do Ab Ripper when..

Options
..I'm trying to get rid of the BULK of where my weight sits; my torso,by doing P90X Ab ripper along with cardio [elliptical + stationary bike] in the mornings?
Just a random thought about my current workout plan that I'm hoping will get me back on track to lose the major problem areas, since I haven't lost any weight in a while.

My stats are 5'4 @ a whopping 231 lbs. Please tell me if this plan I have makes sense or not..

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    ..I'm trying to get rid of the BULK of where my weight sits; my torso,by doing P90X Ab ripper along with cardio [elliptical + stationary bike] in the mornings?
    Just a random thought about my current workout plan that I'm hoping will get me back on track to lose the major problem areas, since I haven't lost any weight in a while.

My stats are 5'4 @ a whopping 231 lbs. Please tell me if this plan I have makes sense or not..

You can't spot reduce, so doing ab ripper isn't going to just target your abdominal fat. Maintain a consistent caloric deficit and keep up with your exercise program and you will eventually drop bodyfat
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

You can't spot reduce, so doing ab ripper isn't going to just target your abdominal fat. Maintain a consistent caloric deficit and keep up with your exercise program and you will eventually drop bodyfat
    Really? :( My logic was that if I built up on ab muscles, they would burn the fat in that general area. poo.
  • fourbtgait
    fourbtgait Posts: 9 Member
    Options

He is correct, won't work. Good diet and lots of cardio.