Getting Started!

Options
Hello! I am 26 years old and weigh 149 lbs. I want to work my way down to 130 lbs. My whole life I never had a problem with weight... in fact, I was quite skinny for the first 22 years. I realize that I am not obese at my current weight but I feel lethargic and know I could be eating better. I really want to start working out and eating better!! I could certainly use the support! Changing your lifestyle is very difficult. I got married in April and my husband is in the same boat I am in. We were both the skinny kids growing up and now we're a little thicker than we would like to be! I try to encourage him to work out but he doesn't seem to be as motivated as I am even though he has high blood pressure. I love myfitnesspal and the app is amazing! I'm hoping we have different things to report in a few months!

Replies

• charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Yeah that kinda the same boat I'm in..I weight 144 now, and want to get down to 130. Seems impossible. The older you get the harder it is.
  • Hotmess2012
    Options
    Your story sound a little similar to mine, although I am 38 and weigh 180.7 (as of today) but I have never been overly obese but never happy with my body after I had kids. My boyfriend and I recently broke out all the dusty workout equipment that was taking up useless space and set up our garage as a mini gym, he bought me a Bose Ipod docking station so I could stay motivated with my music and he is very supportive. The only thing is I have 11 lbs to go to meet my goal and he has about 50lbs to lose to be at a healthy weight. He'll eat what I cook but doesn't have the motivation to work out with me at all!!!

I wish you luck and hopefully he will come around soon.
  • cpr1015
    Options
    Thank you! I hope he will as well and I'm hoping that I can stay motivated! Best of luck to you guys as well!
  • TamraJPratt
    Options
    Hi! I am just getting started. I have been doing this for 5 days now and I am really excited! So far I have lost two lbs., 51 more to go. It seems like such a long, uphill road. I am hoping this website will keep me motivated.
    This website and the iPad/iPhone Apps are awesome. It's so great to see everything in one place. I am trying to get my mom to join me, but she hates to be on her computer so I think it might be a little to challenging for her to keep it up to date.