My Small Success! Every Little Bit Counts!

Options
I love sweets. I have yet to meet a cookie, cupcake or candy that I don't like. Before I started MFP I was eating sweets several times a day, desert at least 5x a week and generally on the fast track to diabetes and daily shots. Yesterday I was at the Girls High School Wrestling State Championships for Florida as a staff member (They let me announce this year! Woo Hoo!!!) and I walked into the Coachs' Hospitality Suite where they were serving snacks all day. There were Krispy Kreme donuts, buttercream cupcakes from my favorite bakery, homemade cookies and other sugary good stuff. There was all the things I normally would have grabbed in an instant. Instead I did a scan of the room (looking for fruit) didn't see any and walked out.

I felt amazing!!! I didn't realize that, in the few short weeks since I've belonged here, how much my attitude has changed. I'm no longer craving sweets and when I do I reach for a piece of fruit not a cookie. I have never been able to do that before! When I realized that I almost cried with joy! I know I'm no where near my GW and I haven't really lost much of anything yet but the behaviors that I'm learning from this site are helping me so much!

Replies

• regions02
    regions02 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    That's great! I feel the same way - I had even made some butterscotch pudding for dessert tonight but didn't have the calories to eat it, so instead I had a small bite of the hubby's - it tasted way too sweet. I definitely think your tastes will change after a few weeks of change! Good luck.
  • clocklady
    clocklady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that's great!
  • darcy1982
    darcy1982 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    hahah I know how you feel Erynn! I just think "OMG I gotta log this in my diary" and I quickly refrain from that item..lol:ohwell:
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I felt amazing!!! I didn't realize that, in the few short weeks since I've belonged here, how much my attitude has changed. I'm no longer craving sweets and when I do I reach for a piece of fruit not a cookie. I have never been able to do that before! When I realized that I almost cried with joy! I know I'm no where near my GW and I haven't really lost much of anything yet but the behaviors that I'm learning from this site are helping me so much!

VICTORY!!!!!!! :bigsmile: Great job!
  • myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing; I feel the same way :)
  • caehudson
    caehudson Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That is great! It takes the small steps for us to be closer to reaching our ultimate goal. Keep up the good work.
  • itsjen516
    Options
    its hard trust me i know! :(
    for me up till this day its hard!!! like todat at the mall my friends were eating those soft pretzlas with cheese and i wanted one soo bad the smell was killing me
    but i just walked away! it was hard and it didnt help that i was soo hungry but not buying that made me feel so much better
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!