My little two year old decided to

Options
bathe with my cell phone, and the ONLY reason I put him in the damn bath was because he decided to dump a bottle of condishioner all over the tub himself, the walls, his shoes, and clothes. any suggestions to fix my friggin cell phone?

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    take it apart as far as you can, pat dry what you can with a cloth and put all the pieces in a ziplock or tupperware container with uncooked rice. make sure everything is covered, and let it sit for a few days. no guarantees, but it has helped me before
  • kirbykez
    kirbykez Posts: 122
    Options
    Uncooked rice in a screwlid jar and pop ur cell phone in with the rice.. :) pop the lid on and put it where ur 2year old CAN'T reach it lol
  • cahtchme
    cahtchme Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    take it apart as far as you can, pat dry what you can with a cloth and put all the pieces in a ziplock or tupperware container with uncooked rice. make sure everything is covered, and let it sit for a few days. no guarantees, but it has helped me before

This! :D
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    What kind of cell phone is it first of all? If it has water damage on the back and in the battery there's no way to fix it.
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Take the battery out of the back of the phone, sit the phone on a towel (don't forget to put the battery with it), put it behind your DVD player and let it sit for 48 hours. (That is the best way.) Another is to put it in with a bowl of rice. I used to work for the company that does the insurance for cell phones.
  • dragonflybird
    Options
    take apart your cell and put everything in a jar of rice as the rice will soak up the water. This worked for my daughter's cell.
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said: use rice. (This is essentially what I've seen done with salt in Mexico. To stop the salt from becoming a large clump in a humid climate, they put a little bit of rice in with the salt to absorb the moisture and keep the salt from clumping and sticking together.) This doesn't mean your cell phone will work afterwards, but it will get the moisture out of it.
  • rollycollysmama
    Options
    its a pantech persuit, so a touch screen :/ haven't even had it two months
  • cms6300
    cms6300 Posts: 163
    Options
    What everyone else said. But you need to go in with low expectations - you'll likely be buying a new phone soon.
    Good luck!
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    The jar or ziploc bag of rice has saved many cell phones in my circle of family/friends! Take it totally apart (back off, battery out, no case if you have one) and put the parts all in a bag of uncooked rice. Check it in 24 hours and see how it's working. If it's starting to work to where your phone comes back on, then put it back in the bag another day and keep checking until it works (or until you deem it totally fried).
  • MochaLoka
    Options
    I'm deffinately all about the uncooked rice. Just do it as soon as possible, and don't turn your phone on for at least a few hours. The same thing happened to my phone (well, not the bit about the two year old, but that's besides the point) and I turned it on right away to see if it still worked. Bad idea.
    If it doesn't work after a few hours, cange the rice :)
  • rollycollysmama
    Options
    What everyone else said. But you need to go in with low expectations - you'll likely be buying a new phone soon.
    Good luck!
    I so beyond poor, its not even funny. I just want to cry. This figgin sucks!
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I agree with the post above about the rice. Ahhh -days like that - I remember them well (My 2 year old is grown now but my diary notes the following on one day: "As I was getting ready to take her to a friend's, Dd pulled a newspaper... and full glass of milk onto the tiled floor in our kitchen...while I (calmly) swept up the bits, she prepared herself for the outing by brushing her hair with a loaded toothbrush...as I (less calm now) ran a bath to repair the damage, she choked on the cotton petticoat of her best dress and sicked-up breakfast over it (she never did like that dress)... I found the dungerees not yet in the wash and prepared her again... we set off after only one return trip to the potty...we reached the hall of my friends house at last - I removed my own coat and looked down to see Dd eating one of the (V expensive) potted houseplants (not deadly-dangerous as it turns out) arranged by the mirror..." Those days look fun now - but the diary tells the other side of the story too - good luck!
  • Susan0816
    Susan0816 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Drying my son's phone now. Been in zip lock with uncooked rice, almost dry should be ok sometime tomorrow. His is a new phone also and he put it on the floor of the shed out side and it flooded.