Hi I'm new as of March 15th 2011

Options
Hello, my name is Marci and I am happy to be a part of My Fitness Pal. It makes it so easy to stay on track instead of trying to write it down every day. I have recently already lost 40lbs. but then became sick with an incurable disease called Ankylosing Spondilitis that is genetic. It attacks your spine in men and your spine and other bones such as ribs, chest wall neck. At this time I have it in my lower spine,chest wall and neck. Not to mention I just went through my fifth surgery on my left hand for a crush at work in 2006. So when I noticed my friend using this and doing great, I decided to get back on track. So here I am. I live in Washington State, married just a year and 9 months. Love gardening, painting, golf and crafts. And now getting back into shape and to my goal.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Glad to see your here to help yourself and I know you'll do well. Best of luck.
  • karimiragliotta
    Options
    HI There Marci,
    I'm new (well new-ish) to MFP, I'm back on here after a long laspe. I also suffer from Ankylosing Spondilitis and I find it hard to get into doing exercise when my bones feel so ridgid and sore!
    How do you go with the exercise side of things? what types of exercises do you find work best for you?
    Looking for some inspiration!
    Thanks alot and I hope you are doing well with your goals :)