NSV tummy touching

Options
Let start this by saying, I hate having my stomach touched. Hate it. However, even worse then the feeling of having my stomach touched is the look on my fiance's face when I swat his hand away from my midsection. Although I haven't lost much weight yet, yesterday, while sleeping in on a Saturday morning, my fiancé snuggled up to me and put his hand around my waist. Aaaaaand.... for the first time in our seven years together, I didn't feel that sudden rush of panic I usually get when my tummy gets attention! Sure, I still have such a long way to go and soooo many body image issues to overcome, but it is amazing what one good snuggle will do to a girl's motivation! :)

Replies

• Lyndzer
    Lyndzer Posts: 41
    Options
    Love it! progress and motivation for you to keep going
  • lala26105
    Options
    know how ya feel and it gets easier
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Lol Awesome!! Congrats -- that's HUGE!! I'm the same way, I cringe having my stomach touched. Seeing the fat is one thing, feeling it is entirely too much to handle! lol
  • sizzlinoverthefat
    sizzlinoverthefat Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    good for you! self esteem will keep getting better:flowerforyou:
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I hope one day I can feel like that about my upper thighs. When my husband touches them I get so annoyed and actually flinch and pull away from him because I have stretch marks and some cellulite and I feel disgusting when he sees/touches them. Even though I have known him since we were 13-14, now were in our 20's I'm convinced he just hasn't noticed yet how gross my thighs actually are so I want to hide them from him so he won't be less attracted to me. Congrats on getting healthier and boosting your confidence!
  • Barbie1125
    Options
    Hahaha ya , I hate when my hubby touches my tummy under my shirt when he tries to cuddle in bed.. As soon as I know its gonna happen Ill try to suck it in as much as I can and if I cant stop him in time ill pull it out and put it over my shirt or over the covers and tell him to "stop playing with my fat"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!