Would someone mind giving me some help please?

Options
I have just plotted my food diary for the day. I really really want this week to be a positive week on my journey so I am planning ahead :)

Could you guys (and girls obviously) just take a quick look and tell me what you would add or change please? I usually live off of coca cola and processed food (the shame, lol) and I know I need to change my habits, so here goes!!

Replies

• TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'll have a look now :-) x
  • TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Ive had a look - and the foods you are eating are good.

Are you drinking anything apart from water? If so, remember to log that!!

Also, you are coming under your goal by 200odd calories - you really shouldnt be doing that. MFP has worked out how many calories you need to lose 1-2lbs a week, so you should really think about that! Adding a couple of pieces of fruit will do the trick - try to stick to being within 100cals of your goal!

Add me if you need any help! xx
  • Sheltie4
    Sheltie4 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Perhaps a little more for lunch, stop you feeling hungry and reaching for something high calorie. I would also add fruit and agree that you do not seem to be eating enough. Good Luck
  • Whinchat
    Whinchat Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Heya :smile:

I had a quick nose. Looks pretty ok tbh but personally I'd swap the white kingsmill for wholemeal (white bread has got most of the nutrients stripped out of it compared to wholemeal, plus wholemeal has more fibre and is generally better for you), replace the coffee whitener with skimmed milk (coffee whitener is made from glucose isn't it? Not much in the way of nutrition), and I'd opt for a home made soup rather than one from a can (chop a load of veg, chuck in a pan with a tin of tomatoes and veg stock and whatever herbs/spices you have to hand bring to the boil and simmer for 20mins - quick, easy and generally lower in salt and sugar and higher in nutrients than tinned soups). Add some protein to lunch too - tinned beans in the soup, or lentils, or chicken (if that's your thing) and a handful of nuts like almonds on the side.

Done :laugh:
  • tashajayne2011
    Options
    Yeah I know there aren't enough cals on there (I was previously getting through roughly 4 cans of cola a day and thus adding around 600 cals thru drink alone) and I am trying to fill it out as much as poss. You make a good point whinchat, whitener just tastes SO much better than milk (I am a bit intolerant to dairy which doesn't help).. the bread is only white because I sent my man to the shop lol

so maybe adding some rice to dinner (its a hotchpotch dinner - my family will be having minced beef pie and I couldn't really justify the cal/fat content for me), some grapes and a yoghurt to lunch - do you think that sounds about right?

After my morning coffee it will just be water - I am not keen on juice and I have a large jug of water and ice which will be staring me out til I drink it