Light Head?

Options
Im 15 days into the diet and a couple of times this past week I have experienced light heads. Last nite was particularly bad I went to bed feeling hungry but I had ate well all day and used up my calories so thought i'll just go to sleep i'll be fine but i started to get really hungry and a light head came on it got really bad so I had to get up and ended up eating a McDonalds Happy Meal as I felt i needed a boost really quickly. Anyone know what causes the light heads and how to prevent them or cure them when they come?

Replies

• irenerose25
    irenerose25 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    For me, sometimes too much caffeine can cause me to feel strange. Especially since I have cut way down. Also, looks like you have a lot of sugar in your diet. Some kind of sugar rush, perhaps? Im sure someone else will be able to provide a more scientific reason. Hope you get the answer you are seeking.

Edited to add: are you drinking enough water? Dehydration may cause that strange feeling, and hunger can often actually be thirst.
  • donnamillie
    donnamillie Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    For me, sometimes too much caffeine can cause me to feel strange. Especially since I have cut way down. Also, looks like you have a lot of sugar in your diet. Some kind of sugar rush, perhaps? Im sure someone else will be able to provide a more scientific reason. Hope you get the answer you are seeking.

Edited to add: are you drinking enough water? Dehydration may cause that strange feeling, and hunger can often actually be thirst.

lol i was actually thinking maybe it was lack of sugar or fat hehe

no i am not drinking enough water it is something i aim to do
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Do you get enough water? Try drinking about 2 cups before each meal...it'll help fill you up. Also, yeah, I agree it looks like you have a lot of sugar...can you try and all natural sweetener like stevia if you can't cut it out? And white bread...it's horrible...full of calories and leaving you hungry 20 min later, can you switch to a whole grain option?
  • nan0c
    nan0c Posts: 1
    Options
    Are you getting a decent balance, and volume, of food in your new eating habit? I say eating habit over diet as dieting to me has a lot of negative connotations.

I find that when I don't have enough carbs in my system I do get light headed, the same for when I generally don't have enough food at all. I like to keep a piece of fruit, nuts or an energy bar near by just in case.

I'm sure that someone will be able to give you a more scientific answer.
  • donnamillie
    donnamillie Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Are you getting a decent balance, and volume, of food in your new eating habit? I say eating habit over diet as dieting to me has a lot of negative connotations.

I find that when I don't have enough carbs in my system I do get light headed, the same for when I generally don't have enough food at all. I like to keep a piece of fruit, nuts or an energy bar near by just in case.

I'm sure that someone will be able to give you a more scientific answer.

what type of nuts are good. i always thought nuts were very fattening?
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Nuts are a higher calorie snack filled with good fats (the kind that raise your HDL cholesterol (the good kind) and lower the bad kind). They're filling and nutritionally dense. Walnuts, almonds, peanuts are all great snacks.