Brisbane, Australia

Options
Today is the day, time to get serious, just want to see how many Aussie's are using this site & how you are all going. A friend & I did our measurements today & have decidded to do a 12 week challenge. Looking for other people to bounce ideas off & get motivation. My biggest struggle is FOOD! how do I get rid of the craviings???? Looking forward to the challenge.

Replies

• goodhealth2012
    Options
    Hi,

I'm in Perth. Good luck on your journey! The only way I can get through cravings is to go cold turkey on the things that i crave most (and are unhealthy) It's horrible for the first few days but it only gets easier. Everything that I have read tell me either to do this or to have a little at a time...problem for me is if I have a little I wont stop until I have emptied out the cupboards and the chocolate isle at my local shop!
  • jnthwaite
    jnthwaite Posts: 111
    Options
    Hi, I'm using the site and from Cleveland. :smile: I can give you motivation for sure, just send me an add. :flowerforyou:

I've just started work as a high school teacher, so I'm not one for big ideas at the moment. I go for a walk for 30 minutes before most of the kids get there. My problem is I sit in the staffroom whenever possible, because I am currently a bit behind on my work. I have a toddler in daycare, and once we get home, I can't get any work done. I stay back at work until 5pm to get some work done, then wait until she goes to bed.

I was thinking of bringing my stretchy band thing to work to do tricep curls when I have some time or need a break. I've been working on my diet by planning my meals ahead of time and entering them in here the night before, so I have a plan.

I also have a gym ball, but I need to inflate it more before I can bring it into work and use it as a chair / work with it. I also have two small medicine balls that came in the pilates pack from KMart, so I may use them while going out for my 30 minute walk in the morning.

Food:- My advice there would be plan your meals, and see what the calorie cost is before you make it. Making a 21 cup soup with brocolli, cauliflower, spinach etc and 100 calories for two cups versus chicken carbonara at 600 cals per serve. It gives you a guide.

I hope this helps a bit. :)) Good luck, and your challenge sounds great! Jackie
  • mizzy84
    mizzy84 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey im from Adelaide and struggle with cravings as well i find that just doing something like going for a walk around the block of even coming on here and reading some posts if i cant get out doors if im at work or something gets my mind off the craving and back onto my goal and makes me think its just not worth what ever it is im craving! have found this site really helpful and i have only been on here a few days. everyone is really supportive and will answer any questions. please feel free to add me if you need some extra motivation as well :)
  • philly1980
    philly1980 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi There

I'm a fellow Brisbanite and can vouch that there are definitely quite a few Aussies on here!

If your doing a 12 week challenge you should also consider signing up for the channel 101 Million Kilo Challenge - Us Aussie My Fitness Pal users have a team called Aussie MFPers which you are welcome to join :)

The cravings are hard - that's one of my downfalls. I try to see my calories like money, I only have so much to spend and I can spend it on what I like but when I'm out of cash, I'm out. There is no need to give up on all the things you crave, you just have to learn how to work around them - the longer you do this the easier it gets I'm finding.

The most important tip I can give is to never lie to your MFP diary, and not to beat yourself up if you go over - just aim to do better the next day!

Good luck
  • kelliejensen
    Options
    12437433.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • kylieshenay
    Options
    brisssy :)
  • rsmithy89
    rsmithy89 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Sydney here. Feel free to add me.