use it or throw it out?

Options
I have a cupoard in my kitchen. In this dark cupoard lurks some instruments of torture...
...namely, a rowing machine, a large step, a wii zumba game, a wii fit plus, some handweights, a mat, a skipping rope and a tummy rocker thing (like this one http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9249161/c_1/1|category_root|Sports+and+leisure|14419152/c_2/2|14419152|Fitness+accesories+and+equipment|29022124.htm)

The shameful truth is that I have not ever actually used any of these things!!! So, do I dust em all off and keep them in the lounge and use ALL of them?!? are any just not worth the bother and if this was what you had to work with, how and for how long would you split your time if you see what I mean?

Replies

• Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Definitely keep the rowing machine... its a GREAT workout!
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    the Wii fit and Zumba are both really great too ! super fun , hardly feels like you're working out -but you're sweating like crazy -
  • shawnayy
    Options
    I'm so jealous you have a rowing machine! I'm a rower so I love it, but my gym doesn't have one ):
    I'd definitely keep that. I'd also keep the Wii games (so fun!) and the jump rope!
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I would love a rowing machine so I think you should parcel them up and meet me half way and let me use them and see if they actually work
    you wouldnt want to use them if you wont get results
    I really dont mind being a tester :):)
  • tashajayne2011
    Options
    LOL aaleigha, the rowing machine is my fellas (he hasnt used it int he decade we have been together either)

I know its bad that its all just sitting there so today I thought I would move it all into the lounge so its right there and then we might actually use them!!!
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I use the wii fit as my weekly weigh in - I love the graph and the bmi to weight conversion it does for me. For me, I'd get rid of the tummy rocker, it's not necessary, and they are bulky. I'd probably get rid of the rowing machine because we'd only have space in the garage to use it, and it's cold and full of spiders out there!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    If you have these items, try them out for a few weeks to see if they work and if you enjoy the exercises. If I don't enjoy what I am doing, I just won't do it.
    Forget that.
    And I have learned to have fun and get fit at the same time.
    Actually, that's the very same philosophy I use for vocation, but that's off topic.
    My point is find something you enjoy, do it, have fun and get fit.

Good Luck!
  • angw7
    angw7 Posts: 69
    Options
    The Wii Zumba is really great and I use it weekly. Combined with other workouts during the week, I find that it works fab. I often go to bed aching in areas I don't normall ache when I have done it so it defo works! Don't throw is... :)
  • grs21now
    Options
    I keep mine in the lounge,and use it most days.I never used it when it was upstairs. Great work out.
  • OutiR
    OutiR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    How about writing each torturing device's name to a piece of paper, putting them into a jar, shaking it and having a torture lottery now and then. What ever your fingers grip, that you must do 30 mins BEFORE giving up to some temptation you know is not so good for you. In this way you get permission to do what you want AFTER you have done this 30 mins of torture. Don't be surprised if it really isn't torture at all but too fun to stop after 30 mins! :-)