Do compression socks help?

Options
Hi all

Noticed these compression sox in a shop over the weekend whilst looking for a new pair of general running sox & wondered if anyone had used them & found them to aid their running ability in any way?

I suffer from tight calves which massage normally solves but is not practical on a regular basis. I am running a marathon (my first) in April & wondered if these may help? Also do they work just as well on ur feet as normal running sox with regards to comfort?

Many thanx
DF :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kimmyj74
    kimmyj74 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Don't know but want to find out too. I have shin splints and hear they can help with that too.
  • axe20
    axe20 Posts: 2
    Options
    hi , in my opinion they work i have very bad blood cirulation problems in my lower legs which are really red from blood pooling in my lower legs, my legs wer heaps swollen and sore since i went out and got a pair of skins compression socks i wear them for basketball and running on the treadmill at the gym and my calves have gone down in size and dont carry so much fluid. id suggest trying them for yourself and if your running a marathon they would be good for extra blood flow and they aid in the relief of cramping etc