30 day shred

Options
is anyone doing the 30 day shred and if so how is it going?

Replies

• squiggle82
    Options
    I'm on it... today I will be doing day 7 of level 1.

The first few days my muscles ached, for me I felt it more in my shoulders and my calves. Everything was so tender. Now it's better, I'm not as sore and though I haven't really seen many results yet I'm looking forward to pushing on to level 2.
  • Auspiciousgirl
    Options
    I just started yesterday! I was concerned at first (I mostly do yoga and walking as my workouts), but it's definitely something I can keep up with. She starts with basic exercises, and there are 2 people that you can follow-- 1 doing a lower-intensity version of the move and 1 doing a higher-intensity version. It's great!! I'm a little sore today in my calves, but I'm looking forward to doing my second run at it this afternoon!
  • trishyswishy25
    trishyswishy25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am and I'm on day 13 today. I just started workout 2 yesterday. I was going to wait till I "mastered" level 1 but my one knee had started to hurt so I thought I should move up to change up the knee stuff. I am starting to feel stronger. I was/am usually a workout hater but I am starting to get addicted to this. :)
  • JMFresh
    JMFresh Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 15 today. The workout is excellent. I feel stronger. It's tough because you have to do it everyday and you will be sore... but it's only a 20 minute workout - so it's undoubtedly doable. Make the commintment and go for it!
  • ChrisBrown3107
    ChrisBrown3107 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on day 9 of Level 2. For me it seems to be working as with a controlled diet and the 30 day shred I've so far lost 15pounds. This is the first push I've done for myself for a long time, and the first regular exercise program I've followed on a daily basis, and would say that it is an excellent starting workout for anyone wanting to get into it. Gillian Micheal's has to be the best motivator out there. And as many have said, you feel a lot stronger with every workout :)
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Me! This is day 2 of my second time around. I'm loving it, as always. Of course it's way better when it's on mute and you don't have to listen to Jillian say "I've got 400 pound people who can do jumping jacks. If they can do them, so can you"
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I am on Level 2 and it is going good. I am not sore after but only during. I am adding P90X Ab Ripper starting today to work on my abs more since it only if about a additional 15 minutes.
  • dmarie1107
    dmarie1107 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my Day 1-It was hard, but great! I can't wait to do it today!
  • docsallen
    docsallen Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 7 of level 1 and I like it. I'm not sure of the stats, but I feel more tone. I had twins last summer and I had at least 2 inches of extra skin over my belly. I can already feel it disappearing! I am running 2 miles 3-4 days a week as well. I really like that the w/o is 20 minutes long and I can do it at home. There is a group "Valentine Hotties" of people who have recently started the 30DS or who are going to start soon.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Me! This is day 2 of my second time around. I'm loving it, as always. Of course it's way better when it's on mute and you don't have to listen to Jillian say "I've got 400 pound people who can do jumping jacks. If they can do them, so can you"

I could not agree more. She annoys the *kitten* out of me. I am also doing it, but a little more loosely. I have been doing it 4-5 times a week because I added it to my already pretty heavy workout schedule. I think I can see results and the exercises are become much easier. Almost time to move on to level 2.
  • hollin40
    hollin40 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Let's not forget "these abs aren't free!" She annoys me but she's good at what she does....I need to start level 2 this week because the one thing I do not like about level 1 is the knee stuff. My knees hurt with all the lunges. I hope level 2 is lighter on the knees. I've also started running (with the Xbox Your Fitness Evolved 2012 program) and love it. I have seen results. I've lost 4 lbs and weigh in tomorrow, so it could be more. My pants are fitting better and some pj's are loose.
  • sparkly75
    sparkly75 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Im interested at starting this workout!
    Ive seen level one on youtube and think that its simple enough for me to follow and can easily fit a 30min workout at home into my day.
    Im at a low level of fitness at the moment and am hoping this will make me stronger and get rid of some of my wobbly bits in time for my holiday in March!
    15305568.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I just did day 6 of level 1 - 2nd time around. I did it in november and only lost about 5 pounds but dropped a size in pants.