help on protein shakes...

Options
hey, ive noticed alot of people are drinking shakes, how do they work? thanks :)

Replies

• raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes primary use is to get you more tight/lean with high quality protein. Some people (me included at times) use them as meal replacements at times. The most important time to use a protein shake is after your workout because your body will suck all those nutrients up and put them to good use. The 2nd most important would be pre-workout and lastly before bed.

If you're like me though and watching those calories close you may just want to try the post-workout shake ;) I've dropped from 3 times a day to just that one. If you want a good quality protein to try out...drop by your local grocery store and pick up a single serving of Muscle Milk in the water/drink section. If you like the taste you can order you a tub of the powder since it's much cheaper that way ;) Good luck!
  • jeckyb
    jeckyb Posts: 60
    Options
    Protein shakes primary use is to get you more tight/lean with high quality protein. Some people (me included at times) use them as meal replacements at times. The most important time to use a protein shake is after your workout because your body will suck all those nutrients up and put them to good use. The 2nd most important would be pre-workout and lastly before bed.

If you're like me though and watching those calories close you may just want to try the post-workout shake ;) I've dropped from 3 times a day to just that one. If you want a good quality protein to try out...drop by your local grocery store and pick up a single serving of Muscle Milk in the water/drink section. If you like the taste you can order you a tub of the powder since it's much cheaper that way ;) Good luck!

cool thanks so much,i didnt understand them at all :/
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I use them after I lift to help repair muscles... and because sometimes I just don't get all my protein in like i need :)

I personally use Gasperi Nutrition Myofusion.. 147 calories for one scoop and 25 grams of protein. Chocolate tastes the best to me so far... and a tub at my gym is only like 25 dollars or something like that.
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options

cool thanks so much,i didnt understand them at all :/

No problem :) Just a word of caution though...lots of different kinds of protein out there and 95% of them taste and mix like crap :P