New & overwhelmed

Options
Hello I'm of course new to my fitness pal & looking for inspiration/ diet & exercise tips anything really to help me out...
I am also here to chat about anything really and look forward in meeting new people :smile:

Replies

• CKWS
    CKWS Posts: 5
    Options
    Welcome! I am new too, so far I like the site and it is helpful! Good Luck!!
  • JC98
    JC98 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi, I started around 3 wks ago. I'm really liking this site so far and glad that I came across it. :) Welcome!
  • Jamiebaby05
    Jamiebaby05 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You will love it here.....if i didn't have this in my life the past 6 months, there is no doubt in my mind that i would be 30 lbs heavier than i am now. It keeps you on track and if you slip it ends up being so much easier to get back on track with motivation from MFP friends. Because everyone has a bad day or month......add me. I will cheer you on!
  • Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Welcome.....
    accept me please...
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I am fairly new as well. This site will help immensely with keeping you accountable for your food intake and your exercise. Plus, there are so many forums and groups for tips and feedback. I am sure it will help you excel to reach your goals.
  • khime1208
    khime1208 Posts: 138
    Options
    My wife and I have both been on the site for 1 week now and it is amazing how much we pay attention to what we eat. When you log everything you eat you realize just how bad you are eating. I love this site. I have lost almost 7 lbs in one week but I think that is basically from drinking water instead of soda. I used to drink 4-5 sodas a day and I have only had 2 in the past 7 days.

Add me as a friend and we can help motivate each other.

Good Luck!!!
  • momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I have only been here for a week. It is awesome!! I am quickly finding out some of the foods I should have been more careful with. I am now understanding why I put on so much weight even though I thought I was eating right. I found out that some foods, like breads, should be eaten in moderation. I also discovered that I needed to measure out some of my foods. What I estimated at 1/2 cup chili was actually a whole cup. I had to re-educate my eyes so I was getting the proper portions. This seems to be a great tool for getting back on track. :happy:
  • heidiprince
    Options
    Hey!! I'm new here as well. Would also love tips and new friends to encourage!
  • MsNicoleOlivia
    Options
    Thank you everyone for replying :)
  • loopycarlz
    Options
    Hi All,

Im new today! Love this site! been logging my food for about 3 weeks now and eating more than i did before!!
    Looking for some buddies??

Good luck everyone :) you all sound like your doing really well! x x