Starting P90X 1/30 - anyone else?

Options

Replies

• Federico773
    Federico773 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also about to start p90x... Am a bit worried that I am not in good enough shape to handle it though.
  • jillvent
    Options
    I'm starting it today! :)
  • rwestgat
    rwestgat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am finished week three for the 5th time. As Tony says, "Do your best and forget the rest." Modify as much as you need to. Just keep hitting play. Eventually, you will begin to start getting stronger and begin to be able to complete the exercises. Don't forget about the nutrition. You will only see real results if you keep track of nutrition as well.

Good luck!
  • jram70
    jram70 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Do what you can. You will not be able to keep up - I can promise you that. I couldn't. That said, by the end if you keep at it it feels really good to be able to do pretty much what they do. My hardest was Yoga and that felt really good to be able to complete that disk towards the end of the 90 days. To this day I still can't match those "freaks" when it comes to pullups though!
  • adkatie
    adkatie Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 9th week of P90X so I'm with you, but not at the beginning phase. You will do fine. Like others have said, modify whenever you need to. You will find it gets easier. I can't do the pull-ups either. The chair is my friend for those. Just did my yoga this morning! OMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm........
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm doing P90X on the weekends (and 10-Minute Trainer during the week). Love the Kempo and Cardio especially! Don't forget to modify if you need to!
  • FitqueenT
    FitqueenT Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm at week 4 day 1.
    You can do it.
  • colderwildgirl
    Options
    Just got the DVDs from a friend who can't do the program...I'm scared, though! Heard they're killer.
  • jdleaser68
    Options
    Thanks for the good tips. I'm in decent shape (5'11", 190), but packed-on about 10 pounds of goo between September and now while recovering from a badly broken foot/surgery/etc. Have been walking, lifting a little, and stretching, as I really don't want to deal with achilles problems from coming back too fast. But I need a program to jump-start me. I've dabbled with the X in the past - love the Yoga and Core Syn workouts - but never intended on completing it. Anxious to get back into the groove - 13 weeks of glory!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 35. I too, borrowed the set from a friend... Just incase I couldn't do it. Honestly, it's not as bad as I thought. I had been doing Jillian DVDs prior. She tells you "don't quit unless you die, faint, or puke" at least Tony's approach is a little nicer toward beginners. It can be a fairly easy or a very challenging program. It's all what you put into it.
  • warmy18
    warmy18 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    just started p90x2, first day today. Tough workout

I have done p90x and it was great.