Food Allergies/Intollerances. Who has them?

Options
So, who has them and what are they?

im allergic to onion and garlic. they cause me to die.

im intollerant to leeks, lettuce, brocolli, cauliflower, cabbage, brussel sprouts, chives, spring/green onions, chinese vegies, silverbeet and chilies. these cause me to be very, very sick.

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    You are not alone...

Allergy to coconut - not a good thing...

Sensitivities to all potatoes, corn, rice, pasta, processed flours, bleached flours - I cannot digest them and end up in total abdominal hell!
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    lactose intolerance with an allergy to sesame seeds (both just do really bad things to my stomach)
  • tashajayne2011
    Options
    Milk and some cheeses make me feel like I am going to explode!!
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Celiac Disease plus lactose intolerance AND dairy allergy. Heaven help me if I have to become a vegetarian!!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes, onions, bananas, coconut, and ALL seafood.

Limited diet much? :P They put onion in EVERYTHING.
  • fitness4meAU
    fitness4meAU Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Since I've come to the "other side of the hill" I've become allergic to....Oranges, Pineapples, strawberries cause me to have sensitivity.

Mangoes I've always had an allergy to (since I was 27 and tried my first one anyway)

But more strange than that, I've started to become allergic to prescription medications, especially in the form of birth control and anti fungal medications (too many gel toenails!)

My naturopath has told me to stay away from wheat products too. I'm beginning to think she is right, my tummy swells up quite a lot sometimes!
  • granolagrl85
    Options
    I am allergic to various treenuts, fruits, grasses (wheat), many medications and latex. My reactions are rashes/hives,itching, reflux, abdominal cramping, dip in blood pressure and swelling of throat. I still eat some of my allergy foods (just check out my diary lol). I keep benedryl and my epipen ready JIC.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I am allergic to oranges. They make my throat and eyes swell up. I can't even sit near someone eating or peeling an orange, or go near an orange tree in blossom.

I am currently being investigated for nut allergies as well. I have had quite severe reactions to peanuts and macadamias in the past few months.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I love mangoes but unfortunately I'm allergic to them :o(
  • Sianarella
    Options
    Raspberries, pear and cucumber. There is a spice that makes my ears itch but I still haven’t worked out what that is yet.
  • Slimmasaurus
    Slimmasaurus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have a serious nut allergy, and a less serious allergy to ALL raw fruit and vegetables... I still eat them, because they are delicious!! But they make my throat, lips and mouth sting, swell and itch... wahh.
    Hazelnuts are weirdly ok though. Bring on the Nutella!
  • dragomom
    dragomom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    When I tell people I am allergic to onions and peppers they always tell me I am just saying that because I don't like them. I am so glad I am not alone with the allergy (has been diagnosed by the DR.) to them and I can now show them that I am not the only one. They give me severe abdominal pain.
  • Sepa
    Sepa Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to wheat. Makes my tummy bad and gives me a skin reaction.
  • granolagrl85
    Options
    That abdominal pain is horrific! I'd rather have my throat swell! I had an ana reaction to avocado. I rec'd 2 epi injectinos at ER and IVP benedryl and zantac. The next day I had to go back to ER for Tylenol 3 d/t severe pain as the avocado made it's way through my intestines. NEVER AGAIN!!!
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    my doc thinks im becoming allergic to pineapples, figs, dates and all types of melon.. my face and throat itch like mad after ive eaten them..
  • bobogal
    Options
    I am lactose intolerant, gives me a bad tummy ache and gas. I can't even do lactose-free milk because somehow milk causes acne for me (my husband read somewhere it's the hormones in the milk from pregnant cows).

I have a reaction towards alcohol especially hard liqour. I used to think I needed to drink more to up my tolerance, but I've now read that all the symptoms I get are an allergy reaction. I see light spots, hear a ringing or buzzing in my ears and my heart palpitates. And that is on something like less than a half a regular glass of screwdriver (vodka orange juice).
  • piggamongrel
    Options
    high content wheat flour intolerant. highly allergic to red peppers which sucks.. love fajitas! lol but its not the be all and end all. couldn't eat a white bread sandwich, would not go down well. but some things have much less wheat content than others so theres ways around everything x
  • Shemykins
    Options
    Im allergic to all melons and bananas. I can only eat bananas if the protein is cooked ( like banana bread). I also have a latex allergy and I read that it is related to the banana allergy.
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Severely lactose intolerant, allergic to eggplant and peppers.
  • Slackergrrl
    Options
    For me, dairy and gluten are the big ones. I went to a Naturopath and she tested me for food allergies. I think they tested it against 110 foods. Can I just say how much I miss cheese?