help :(

Options
hi, im having so much trouble with my eating habits and am looking for support.
school is almost over, summer and swimsuits and shorts, and active activities are on their way.
right now i am sitting at the computer, procrastinating on facebook, and have just eaten a quarter of a huge tub of snickers ice cream. I feel sick, worried, and fat.
It started last weekend (the first weekend of using MFP) i had been doing great and was sooo excited but then the weekend came and i faltered. i was less busy and could not control my eating. I stopped recording calories because i didn't feel like remembering all i had eaten. This continued all week until now. Tons of snacks, huge meals, dessert every night, almost no excersise, and a tired uncomfortable in my own skin feeling.
I've hit my limit now and desperately need help and advice.
Thanks for reading this, i know its really annoying sounding :frown:

Replies

• dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    We've all been there, some more ofter than others (pointing at myself). But WE ARE NOT GIVVING UP, okay? :glasses:

Get yourself together, be happy what you know the feeling after (how sick it makes you eating all the ice cream snickers) and learn from your mistakes. Never think in terms of "I'll never have this again", but try it as "I'll have a bite later. I can have a bite anytime I want, but maybe not just now".

Don't let swimswits stress you out. See yourself as pretty (which is the way you are). Sure, you can be even prettier, if you eat healthier, but you are pretty already! :flowerforyou:

And have a look here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/32807-make-a-u-turn.

Keep logging. Take a small notebook with you and write down what you eat (I'm using my mobile to make notes when I'm on some trip). Then in the afternoon take the time to record your meals. It's a more usefull way of procrastination, if you prefer :wink: .

So, are we giving up? NO, WE ARE NOT! :flowerforyou:
  • LiMer
    LiMer Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Everybody has their rock bottom. Until you get there and realize you want to lose weight more than anything in this world, you will always have that food challenge. You have to keep wanting it so bad that every time you put something in you mouth, you think about it and even if you did bad one day, or one meal, you keep trying the next meal or next day.

Good luck and remember you're doing this for yourself, no matter what others say it all comes down to you to make the ultimate decision.

Good luck.
  • Xersis
    Xersis Posts: 11
    Options
    I hear you. I fell off the wagon today too. Same feeling - didn't feel like recording everything and then just kind of gave up.

I hope I get back there tomorrow. This is just one day, right?:sick:
  • ExonExoff
    ExonExoff Posts: 3
    Options
    I have fallen off the wagon countless times. The trick is just getting back on the wagon. I find planning out my day works. I allow between 100-200 or so of unplanned calories, in case I do decide I want an additional snack. If I don't plan my day ahead of time, dinner comes, and I find I only have 30 calories left, and unless I want celery or broccoli for dinner, that isn't going to work for me.
  • Searchingthehours
    Options
    I found logging all my meals on MFP the day betore,printing it and pinning it to the fridge helped. Because I didn't have to THINK about logging during the day, I just stuck to the plan that was already tthere. This worked for me when I fell off the wagon....You can do it :flowerforyou:
  • tvfit
    tvfit Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I log all my foods even WHEN I fall off the wagon. Then I can really see how many calories I ate. Don't give up! It's a daily struggle, but so worthwhile!
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I find that if I continue to write things down, I feel more in control. Plus, it makes everything so very real. You should always write things down if you feel you are getting out of control. It really does help. Another thing, is that if I am going to treat myself, I do it in moderation. When I go out with friends I enjoy myself, but I try not to go overboard and I make it a week or month long treat.

It is so easy to fall back into bad habits. That is why you have to work hard to create new ones. Sadly, learning to eat healthy and stay fit is not easy. If it was, the whole world would be. It takes time and effort. If you want this to stick, you have to make an effort everyday. You are the only one who can stay in control. Just because you aren't as busy, isn't an excuse to eat. All it does is help feed into your emotional eating because you are eating out of boredom. First, acknowledge that you are feeling a certain way. Then tell yourself, do I really want to eat or is due to the emotion. More and likely it probably is. You then need to try to find something do to. You could exercise, go for a walk, play a game, talk to a friend, or any other activity you enjoy, just don't eat. It takes time to create a healthy habit, but you will be better off for it.

Good Luck.
  • Lesli
    Lesli Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Most of us have been there...a lot! But, I agree wholeheartedly with what Limer said, along with everyone else. You HAVE to hold yourself accountable or you're never going to get healthy. It just plain sucks most of the time, but one day you'll have it under control. You have to believe in yourself and have the desire...you can do this!!!:flowerforyou:
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    So take the weekends off. It's what I've been doing. Mentally, it helps HUGELY. I dont' count them at all...just skip them on MFP. Now, at the same time I'm not saying to go all out and eat crazy. BUT I do eat what I want. I CAN stop within reason as long as I'm getting some of what I want. and if I go overboard, there is no way I'm going to gain a couple pounds in a couple days...no way. so, try it! I've known many other people who do it this way.
    Watch it on weekdays, and give yourself time to feel normal and not so picky on weekends. after all, we still have to enjoy life.
    Please note...I'm not suggesting anyone should eat irrisponsibly on the weeknds:noway:

Take care,
    Cindy:smile:
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    just one more thought...
    we all have to find something that WORKS for us permanently. It's the reason that so-called "diets" fail...because we can't stick to that way of eating forever.
    SO....if eating more one day, and less the next works than that's great. taking weekends OFF to enjoy them is GREAT.
    Just play around with it and see what happens.
    You can eat fairly low calories for up to 3 days with no change to your metabolism...

good luck whatever you decide.
    Cindy
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    My advice is to not allow a single bite to go into your mouth until after you have recorded on your MFP food journal. That will force you to think about rather you are hungry or are just eating for the sake of it. Sounds like you are eating when you are stressed or bored or are just eating unconciously. A lot of us do it, and the first step is to force yourself into awareness of what and why you are eating. This will also keep you from forgetting what you've eaten through the day and give you a more accurate record of your calories.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I log everything even if I'm having a 'bad food' day. I decided when I started MFP that I would not lie to myself about what I was eating and how much of it I was eating. The first couple of weeks there were some REALLY bad days on there and that is when I really started to pay attention to what I was eating and more importantly how much of it I was eating. A ½ cup serving of ice cream isn’t that bad – half a tub is. Holding myself accountable for my actions is what has helped me change the way I eat as well as jumping right back on the wagon once I fall off.

Good Luck and keep with it! :flowerforyou:
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! Just start fresh with the next meal or next day but don't give up! I am in your shoes right now, so I am telling myself the EXACT same thing!

Hang in there!
    Rhonda