***Quick question Ladies***

Options
Weight gain part of TOM? I've really never stayed with a diet so this is a 1st that its going to cross with TOM and well I dont want to totally hate myself when I see the scale. Plus the diet change is that effecting why I didnt get TOM yet Im usually on time.

know its personal but im curious

Replies

• thefantasticmrsfox
    thefantasticmrsfox Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Usually about 3lbs. :( but if it doesnt come off aferward I kick myself repeatidly for giving into my sweet urges. lol
  • afassett
    Options
    I asked my friend the same question, she said don't feel bad if you go up 1-2 lbs during TOM. (Im sure this varies for each person)
    To make sure the lbs don't stay after, make sure to drink lots of water, and watch your sodium intake!
    Hope that helps!
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I definitely get puffy. I've stopped weighing myself during that time, because it's so discouraging. I can also definitely tell a difference in how my clothes feel. I believe I pack on about 3 lbs during TOM, but it comes off within a few days of it ending.
  • Alysia1119
    Options
    for me it does not necessarily come when i have my TOM, but when i look at my weight it does go in a 4 week cycle, say week 1 is my highest, i will go down the next 3 and then the 5th week it will go back up for a few days. usually goes back to normal for the 6th week.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Yes, I always gain 3-5 with TOM and off it comes the next week. So maybe just skip weighing that week.

Please don't think of this as a diet...think of it as a lifestyle change. Also, please make sure you taking in enough calories...for some people 1200 just isn't enough and if you are doing even less then that is detrimental to your metabolic rate. Enough calories and protein is key to good weight loss without too much muscle loss as well.

I wish you the best!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I usually go up about a week before I start my period, my gain can be anywhere from 1 - 5 pounds. As for not being on time its hard to say what is causing it but I have never been late even after starting to work out and eat better. Is there any chance you may be pregnant?
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Yes but for me it is the cravings. I am on TOM right now and I just want to eat and went over yesterday.
  • Mama_CAEI
    Mama_CAEI Posts: 235
    Options
    My weight gain happens around O time, so 2 weeks into my cycle: the changes in hormones cause you to retain water. It's anywhere from 1 to 3 lbs for me and is always gone by my next weigh-in (I weigh weekly).
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    sexyminxinthemaking Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    i put on around 3lbs a week before then maybe gain another pound during but its all gone by about 3 days after tom has gone xx
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I'm usually up between 3-5, but have gone up as much as 8 when i've made bad (salty) food choices. Usually by the middle of the following week i'm back to normal.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    When I'm on my period I often retain up to 5lbs of water weight, and it often stays with me for 2 weeks! it's annoying, but nothing I can do about it so no need to fret!! :)
  • TraceyDonna
    Options
    Yep me too. Mine goes up by at least 2lbs also, but then does go back down the week after. Its still disheartening though getting on the scales in that week and seeing an increase, even though I know what the cause is!
  • KerriMx5
    KerriMx5 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. The longer I stick with the better life style plan the more I can see what my body does. It has it's own trends. It helps that I am learning this so I don't fret over the scale as much.

I do go up around the time of the month. I try to drink more water.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Yes, unfortunately it is... I usually either gain 3-4lbs or just don't move at all on the scale, regardless of what I'm doing. I didn't notice a change my in cycles when I started dieting but I do know that any hormonal change can make it flucuate a bit, so that could be why for you?
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Yeah, most of us seem to gain during TOM. It's primarily water weight and should pass within a few days of TOM ending.
  • TiredOfBeingFAT130
    Options
    For sure. This past week was TOM for me & I only lost 0.6 and I definitely did enough to lose more than that.
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I usually go up about a week before I start my period, my gain can be anywhere from 1 - 5 pounds. As for not being on time its hard to say what is causing it but I have never been late even after starting to work out and eat better. Is there any chance you may be pregnant?

No, No bun in this oven lol
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Before my surgery to end that dreaded thing, I would gain between 3 and 5 lbs. I also seemed to get constipated around that time too, adding to the gain.
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I always crave SALTY & Sweets at this time or EVEN Carbs like I cant get enough. Lastnight I binged and im annoyed with myself its like i couldnt stop. But today i had my breakfast and have my water now and hope that it kills the cravings.

What do you guys do to keep yourselves busy I work in a Drs office at the DOOM DESK lol and some days its so slow so coming on here keeps me busy lol.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I go up about 3 days before, and back down a few days after it starts. It looks like I gain anywhere from 5-8 lbs, but is gone within a week, usually with a little more. Just stay hydrated, and dont get upset if you see an increase.