P90X

Options
I'm starting P90X today. Does anyone know how to find these exercises, so I can keep track of them on here? I searched for P90X under Cardio and it showed zero results.

Replies

• jmuhnie
    jmuhnie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The best way I have found to figure out calories for a P90X workout is to use a heart rate monitor that calculates calories. I have a polar with a chest strap. It is an FT4.
  • rwestgat
    rwestgat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Some of the exercises will be cardio, such as the Kenpo and plyometrics, but most will be under strength training. Unfortunately you will have to add the exercises each time as I have found no way to save the sets and exercises as a routine. There is another excellent website that allows you to do this, which is www.beginnertriathlete.com. Then I just use MyFitnesspal to keep track of calories.

Good luck!
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    as noted above. You need a HRM, for the best accuracy. (which is still never perfect)

Then you click on EXERCISE, then MY EXERCISE, then CREATE EXERCISE. And create an Exercise, and enter your data. I personally make them all Cardio. And Create one named after each DVD.

MFP will then save it for you in your exercise list, and you just adjust the calorie burn, each time you do that exercise.

Since P90x is a circuit style workout, the strength training is a combo or strength AND cardio - not strength only. So you can make them all Cardio. Rather then try to add each exercise, rep and so forth.

An alternative, is just select CIRCUIT TRAINING, under CARDIO, and add your minutes. But that will not be as accurate as an HMR, on your cal burn rate.
  • jram70
    jram70 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    HRM and make your own exercises. Another reason to do that is that the calories burned can vary significantly depending on your (my!) effort for any given exercise. Mine has varied by as much as 200 calories or more.
  • warmy18
    warmy18 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    there is an android app called droid90 and also the official p90x app for iphone if that helps
  • mediab0924
    Options
    Thanks for the info everyone! :) This is great!