Changes.....

Options
I had gastric bypass almost a year ago. Yes , it is a tool to help lose weight but I wanted to share with you the changes I have made in the last year that really have made the difference. These changes are the reason I have been so successful in losing 148 pounds:

I eat six small meals a day. I do not give up the foods I love. I just make healthier versions. I eat tacos, ice cream and even cheese cake. I do not eat anything white: no white flour, no white potatoes, no white sugar, no white rice, etc. I make my carbs counts by only eating whole grain carbs such as quinoa, Healthy Life Bread, and low carb high fiber tortillas. I watch my fat, sugar, and sodium by limiting them to 40 grams or less, 30 grams of sugar (no white sugar, I use Stevia), and 2500 grams or less of sodium. I keep my carbs at 100 grams or less a day and my protein at least 75 but more like 100-125 grams a day. I keep my calories between 1100-1300 a day (You may need more).

I exercise 5-6 days a week. I try to do the circuit training everyday (There is a free video section at http://www.perfectweightamerica.com/ for circuit training). Circuit training is an excellent way burn calories. I do Zumba 4-5 times a week too. Zumba works the all the muscles in the body and is fun. It actually follows the principles of circuit training by raising and lowering the heart rate during exercise so you burn the maximum calories.

Last, NEVER GIVE UP! Be consistent and persistent. Take your measurement every month along with weekly weigh-ins. DO NOT give up if the scale does not move. Usually, if you are eating healthy and exercising even if the scale does not show a change your measurements will.

Replies

• myskinnyyear
    myskinnyyear Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thats great! I am 10 months out, and I too have worked on lifestyle changes vs diet changes, so I know that this will be the success I have longed for! I definitely need help with the consistency part for exercise though. I walk at work on my 15 min breaks. Sometimes I will work out when I get home from work, sometimes I don't. This week has been bad for both the exercising and eating. Have been moving, so my routine is all jacked up. Back to work today, so hopefully I can get my routine back a little anyway!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work.
  • KimmehL
    KimmehL Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and your motivation is an inspiration to me:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!