Zumba Fitness 2 for Wii

Options
2»

Replies

• 1stplace_mrsbowman
    Options
    Just wanted to update that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Zumba Fitness 2! I have done it 5 days in a row and I'm down 3 pounds! And to the person who said that the Zumba characters were annoying - You were ABSOLUTELY right, but I'm working through it anyhow!

Thanks for the feedback!
  • 1stplace_mrsbowman
    Options
    The calories are very accurate!
  • jodiemomo
    jodiemomo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ha! Yea you have to move the coffee table and all of the legos out of the way, but my area is one loveseat x one standard couch big and that is plenty of space. Good luck!
  • lilyjay_
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting the Zumba Wii game soon too as I've loved the few classes I've been to but always seem to clash with something.

Could anyone clarify the 'accurateness' of this online 'Zumba calorie calculator'? http://www.zumbacalories.com/
  • angw7
    angw7 Posts: 69
    Options
    I also got it for Xmas and have done it about 6 times now. The calorie count is more of less spot on (I wear an HRM whilst doing it). I get pains afterwards in muscles that I don't obviously use a lot in other classes so it's a brilliant workout. I sweat as much as doing classes at the gym so don't think that because it's at home, it doesn't have the same effect, it rocks!!! :)
    The music is really fun and I agree that it can be addictive as you just don't want to stop. I looked like a monkey doing it at first but I am getting the hang of the movements now so don't despair :)
    A great buy, fun and great burn guaranteed in my opinion.

Enjoy :)
  • KristinCrochets
    KristinCrochets Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just got it, and I love it! A lot of fun!

You should know that Zumba is not listed in the Exercise list here on MFP.. To get around that, I've been going to http://www.zumbacalories.com/ and adding it manually.
  • bsalvato
    bsalvato Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Just popped in my copy last night. I did discover that I am completely uncoordinated and that it's a hell of a work out. Will need to work on that coordination bit to really enjoy it but it's fun!
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I love my Zumba on the Wii just move move move I haven't got any co-ordination what so ever but when I dance theres no body around so I just keep moving constantly I do my best and sweat like mad.
  • leah_8303
    leah_8303 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love zumba 2 for wii wayy better then the first one i think . I used to go to class but i dont drive the person was picking me up quit picking me up . I think the more you do it the better you are at it and get used to the moves .
  • MrsMMeyer
    MrsMMeyer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love it...I am just wondering if the calorie tracker is accurate? I did one hour on low intensity and it said I burned 920 calories!!! It just didn't seem like I could have burned that many, but maybe. Does anyone know if this is accurate?
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I figure since I can't get to an actual Zumba class, this might be fun! I think I am going to just go ahead and get it. That way my 10-year-old can do it with me!

I like it waaaaaay better than Just Dance 3 BTW.

Thanks for this info - was thinking of purchasing this as well.
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    bought it last night!!! here we go!
  • neo200120018
    neo200120018 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I love my Zumba 2 Wii, I used to go to classes ages ago but shift work and going alone is hard, I push my coffee table back and go at it in a relatively small space. Would highly reccomend it, I have Wii fit plus while its good I always found excuses eg no batteries etc but Ive done 2 x 20min Wiis tonight and about to go back for a third!
  • yummymummy52
    yummymummy52 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have it and I also go to 'proper' Zumba classes and I have to say I still feel like I have had a good workout when doing Zumba 2 on the Wii.

I say don't worry about whether you are corordinated the joy of Zumba is that it is meant to be fun! Nobody cares if you hit every step and if you are doing it at home who knows if you don't. Just put it in get moving and enjoy yourself - that in itself is enough to keep you doing it :smile:

I could really do with playing this everyday when the baby has his daytime nap - maybe I'll start off with half an hour and see how I get on :smile:
  • jp0623
    jp0623 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • etface
    etface Posts: 9
    Options
    I just bought it last week. It is a lot of fun. I am still learning the short class right now.